This is My Problem With Saito's Kicks

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I have been running though this many times, and here are the questions I have.

We are led to believe that while under a sedative, death will send you to limbo (ie Saito & Fisher), kick in previous level sends you back (ie. ariadne), and death in limbo wakes you up (Saito and Cobb at end). If those assumptions are correct, then why does Ariadne jump off the building? To go back to snow dream, the explosion set by Eams would send her back there. Suicide in limbo by jumping would wake her up. Or, are Cobb and Saito kicked back through each level and we are just not shown the steps. If that is the case, then Ariadne and Fisher went back by committing suidice in Limbo, but what is the point of the snow level explosion?

Also, is it possible that Cobb washes ashore in Limbo because he is underwater in level 1? Does he have trouble eating cause his hands are cold from still being in level 3?

My theory about the snow fortress explosives is that they were planned for as a backup kick in case someone ended up yet another level down, which is basically what happens with Cobb, Fischer, Ariadne, and Saito. Fischer and Ariadne make the kick, but Cobb and Saito miss it.

Skysaw wrote:My theory about the snow fortress explosives is that they were planned for as a backup kick in case someone ended up yet another level down, which is basically what happens with Cobb, Fischer, Ariadne, and Saito. Fischer and Ariadne make the kick, but Cobb and Saito miss it.
then why the need to jump off the building?

swingking03 wrote:then why the need to jump off the building?
To make sure they don't miss the kick.

Skysaw wrote:
swingking03 wrote:then why the need to jump off the building?
To make sure they don't miss the kick.
so are we to beleive that the kick wouldnt reach them in limbo? I know Cobb tells her to take the kick, but what does that mean? did they have to accept kicks in other levels?