Inception in Imax

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Has anyone seen Inception in Imax?if so, is there a marked difference?Because I am planning to take everyone there for my birthday, but then I heard nolan shot the movie in 35 and 65mm.So i wanna know whether it is worth it traveling 3.5 hours to see Inception in Imax or is there hardly any difference?

There is a definate difference. IMAX is much, much prettier and in your face. 3.5 hours sounds like a long drive, but if you're up for the little road trip it's definately worth it.

Yup, it's worth it alright. I drove down 20 or so miles to the nearest Imax place from me. I had already seen it on a regular screen size. It's better to see it once on both sizes. It is worth the experience and $$. I was almost hynotized by Marion Cotillard's face. :wtf:
Get there early if you're taking that many friends, for getting good seats in the back or middle, center.

I wish I would've had a cam with me to take a pic of the HUGE Inception banner they had hanging up at that Regal Imax. It was at least 20 feet tall.

The size of the screen alone (if it's not LIEMAX) makes it worth it. I saw it on the largest screen in Britain, and I came out thinking that IMAX is everything 3D wants to be.
It's completely immersive without being distracting. Seriously, I've never been so engaged in a film. When the lights came on, it was like waking up from a really good dream.

Personally, I've not watched any movie on IMAX and really can't tell what the fuss is about. I do suppose it's like watching HD signal for the first time where you get to see Tom Hardy's facial pores. :lol:

For my 2nd viewing, I watched it on one of AMC's "ETX" (Enhanced Theatre Experience) screens at the San Francisco Metreon. I figured it was a marketing gimmick with marginal gains in quality, but I had free tickets and IMAX was sold out, so I gave it a shot. WOW - easily the best picture quality I've seen in a theatre, including IMAX. The resolution, color, and contrast were all outstanding. Plus, the sound was great (though I think they should have turned it down some). It doesn't beat IMAX in scale, but it blew me away otherwise.

I don't think there are many of these screens around the country, but if there's one in your area, I highly recommend it if you're big on picture quality. Having seen the film twice in 3 days (the first time on a regular screen), the difference was striking.

Yup!It's a;ways better to watch in IMAX whenever possible.
gib sigs

Bad_Wobot wrote:Yup, it's worth it alright. I drove down 20 or so miles to the nearest Imax place from me. I had already seen it on a regular screen size. It's better to see it once on both sizes. It is worth the experience and $$. I was almost hynotized by Marion Cotillard's face. :wtf:
Get there early if you're taking that many friends, for getting good seats in the back or middle, center.

I wish I would've had a cam with me to take a pic of the HUGE Inception banner they had hanging up at that Regal Imax. It was at least 20 feet tall.
King of prussia imax???

There is a HUGE difference. The picture is pristine and just beautiful. And the sound is incredible. I saw it in IMAX and I was blown away. And then I saw it in a regular theater and the projection was awful. SEE IT IN IMAX and do yourself a favor.

35mm wrote:
Bad_Wobot wrote:Yup, it's worth it alright. I drove down 20 or so miles to the nearest Imax place from me. I had already seen it on a regular screen size. It's better to see it once on both sizes. It is worth the experience and $$. I was almost hynotized by Marion Cotillard's face. :wtf:

King of prussia imax???

Huh? lol No.

I saw Inception Imax, wouldn't waste money on a silly game movie.