Ebert Article on Inception: "Whole lotta cantin' going on"

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

Finally! Something for a guy who is seeing this masterpiece tomorrow!!! ... :x ...You lucky basterds...Can't wait to jump on a bandwagon and start reading every single thread here! :twisted:

I understand what Roger is saying here and agree with most of it, but there was nothing reasonable about what Edelstein said, and that he resorted to mocking Nolan personally later on shows that he's nothing but a brat with a chip on his shoulder.

Bueller wrote:I understand what Roger is saying here and agree with most of it, but there was nothing reasonable about what Edelstein said, and that he resorted to mocking Nolan personally later on shows that he's nothing but a brat with a chip on his shoulder.
I'd actually say Rex Reed is the worst one of them all. We all knew White was going to pan it. But Reed definitely is bitter and has axes to grind.

IMO, Reed is as much a troll as White. Nolan even mocked Reed's hatred of him in the BD Live chat, so I don't really care what he says. Edelstein, on the other hand, keeps trying to pass himself off as a proper critic but seems to have no ability to see the difference between Nolan's films and Nolan the person. And that he is still holding grudges over the (very stupid) behaviour of some fans doesn't speak very highly for him either. If he honestly doesn't realise that most of us don't go around flaming or threatening people for giving a negative review and those that do have nothing to do with Nolan personally, then he is even less intelligent than I thought.

But yes, out of all, Rex Reed takes the cake for sheer WTF batshittery.

Nah can't agree with Ebert there. Yeah Edelstein might have pointed out some reasons as to why he didn't like the movie but he still insulted the critics who liked the movie forgetting to respect other people's opinions (yeah someone might say I don't respect his opinion because he disliked it but that's not why I dislike him. I dislike him because he refused to respect the critics who liked him) and many people who didn't like the movie have mocked Nolan and the critics. People don't hate on them because they disliked the movie, they hate on them because of their attitude and the fact that they are responding to the positive reviews.

I find this to be another set of useless articles drawn up on this campaign against all those who hate Inception. What I wanted and hoped Ebert would write is how he sees Inception and how he interprets the ending. Going into this article, I think we all know that there are reviews that are fair in picking apart faults of the movie. You come away from the article with exactly the same ideas as you came in with. Who ever gave any credence to White's review? I know there's quite a few people who credit Edelstein's review on Inception as fair.

Personally, I still hope Ebert would scribe about Inception and not further this useless drivel.