Favorite track from the Official Soundtrack

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Posts: 558
Joined: June 2010
Not to mention, I watched the LIVE performance of the score, and saw this song...between my 2 viewings, and THAT made it stick out for me.

Its just so painfully touching. The sublte piano at the end...its really heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time.

In my narrow experience, the only other film composer I hold in high esteem is Angelo Baladamenti.

Posts: 93
Joined: July 2010
I hate the song Mombassa. I HATE IT! It sounds like something of a Bourne film if it were made in India.

Posts: 13376
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Let's wait for few months.2 CD edition will be there,I am sure.
They did the same for TDK.2 CD version was released five months later.

Posts: 13376
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Eames wrote:I hate the song Mombassa. I HATE IT! It sounds like something of a Bourne film if it were made in India.
Well no,bollywood scores are much worse.They copy from famous movies like matrix,MI2 etc..
As for track, Mombassa is in Kenya.So now you know why.

Posts: 93
Joined: July 2010
bruce_angier wrote:
Eames wrote:I hate the song Mombassa. I HATE IT! It sounds like something of a Bourne film if it were made in India.
Well no,bollywood scores are much worse.They copy from famous movies like matrix,MI2 etc..
As for track, Mombassa is in Kenya.So now you know why.
Still doesn't change my feelings towards the track.

Posts: 2278
Joined: February 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Eames wrote:I hate the song Mombassa. I HATE IT! It sounds like something of a Bourne film if it were made in India.
:o

Posts: 1610
Joined: April 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Mombasa,Time as a close second

Posts: 15900
Joined: June 2009
Time...its just so epic...followed by Mombossa

Posts: 13622
Joined: June 2009
Location: Florida
Time, definitely. The track alone makes me wanna cry my eyes out.

Posts: 558
Joined: June 2010
chee wrote:Time, definitely. The track alone makes me wanna cry my eyes out.
THIS.

Ive played it on constant, and having the context of what happened to Mal, it really makes me want to cry and if I wanted to, I could. Still have it on my FB wall close to the top.

Another heartbreaking score is Angeleo Baladementi's "The Straight Story." Specifically the closing song, given what happens....particularly the song "final miles"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXnI3DB5Ik

Post Reply