Any answers to these questions or they are plot-holes?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Jumpman wrote:Anita,

They get to Fischer because of Mal. Mal, being who she is, essentially brings Fischer into Limbo...and the Limbo is that of hers and Cobb's design. That's why he knew where to go.
But as Cobb is finally able to state, Mal isn't real. She's just a shade, a projection of his subconscious. She doesn't really have the power to do anything without Cobb subconsciously pulling the strings.

If Mal knew where Fischer was, Cobb should know as well. That's kinda like a Fight Club thing. :JGLface:

I definitely need to catch the movie again to get all the dialogue though. :lol:

Anita,

He says that AFTER they're in Limbo...when he realizes the power he gave her...AFTER they get to Limbo.

Mal knew where Fischer was because Mal is Cobb's guilt in his subconscious screaming to get out. She's the villain/wild card in the whole film. When Cobb's mind wanders, Mal tends to manifest.

In a way, Cobb's the villain of the film, if you really think about it. The whole team is in danger because Cobb can't control his subconscious/his guilt. That's Mal.

Hey im new to the forum, and ive noticed a lot of theories involving the nature of limbo, dom, saito, and the ending. Now Personally...
He says that AFTER they're in Limbo...when he realizes the power he gave her...AFTER they get to Limbo.

Mal knew where Fischer was because Mal is Cobb's guilt in his subconscious screaming to get out. She's the villain/wild card in the whole film. When Cobb's mind wanders, Mal tends to manifest.

In a way, Cobb's the villain of the film, if you really think about it. The whole team is in danger because Cobb can't control his subconscious/his guilt. That's Mal.
this i agree with :thumbup:
Sungyungtey wrote:Saito did not share the same Limbo with Cobb, Ariadne, and Fischer because they were not connected on the 3rd layer. Saito shared the same Limbo with Cobb because they were connected in the 1st layer of dream (Drowning Van). So first dream they are dead, so they got stuck, they will have to wait til Sedation effects ends (which is damn long for Saito, who died ealier than Cobb (3rd layer)).
i also agree with this :thumbup:

now for my take: i believe that the reason Cobb and Ariadne were able to reach limbo to save Fischer is because, by letting Mal kill him, he had fallen into Cobb's limbo. And since Cobb has trouble dreaming (its stated earlier in the film), using the dream machine sent him and Ariadne to his limbo. There, they save fischer by throwing him from the building and letting him get resucitated. Ariadne rides the pull, while Cobb dies and is sent to Fischers limbo where Saito is. There, he reminds Saito about the agreement but NEITHER OF THEM USE THE GUN b/c it cuts forward in time to when they wake up. And the reason why they arent connected to the dream machine any more is b/c when the team woke up from Fischers dream they had to disconnect everyone and get rid of all the evidence.

Hi guys. New member here.

I quite agree with Sungyungtey's take from earlier. It makes a lot of sense except for Fischer in Level 4/Level 3.

If Fischer was resuscitated anyway and Cobb and Ariadne knew it from the lightning in Level 4, then technically Fischer was asleep in Level 3. If Cobb and Ariadne knew this, what was the need for Ariadne to push Fischer over the ledge? Also, what was the need for Ariadne to jump off? It couldn't be a kick because the kick is done only in a previous level to wake someone from the dream they're in eg. kick in Level 3 to wake someone else out of Level 4. Not the other way around. So why push/go over? It can't be because the building was collapsing because they'd have more time anyway since Level 3 moves faster than Level 4.

So why jump in Level 4? To bide time because they don't want to die in it and they know they'll be kicked out of Level 4 by the explosion in Level 3? Even that wouldn't make sense for Fischer because he woke up instantly on being dropped, and not from the explosion in Level 3. Why did he wake up from being dropped? Or was he just resuscitated directly into full consciousness in Level 3? I don't think so because he didn't wake up when they used the defibrillator. It seemed as though he woke up in Level 3 as soon as he fell in Level 4.

Sorry if all this is confusing. I feel most of the film can be interpreted in everyone's own personal way based on what they'd like to believe, EXCEPT this bit where Fischer is resuscitated/woken up in Level 3. However I try to explain it, it doesn't add up. If this one point is explained then the rest is far easier to swallow/interpret.