The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Sammy_Jankis wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:probably, this movie will get no attention from the academy. it's a big budget blockbuster movie. that's a big disadvantage. it needs to be almost "perfect" to get some nominations..
Well, Avatar was a big budget blockbuster that was nowhere near "perfect" and that still managed to bag a bunch of nominations. Just saying.
Avatar was also a Jim Cameron movie, his big return to the cinema, a massive technical evolution in terms of CGI, oh yeah and it took like 2.7 billion at the Box Office.

I'm sure INCEPTION will get nominated for some things, maybe even best picture now that it's expanded. Do I think it will win any of the big prizes? Not a chance in hell. And Leo, if he gets nominated next year, will get nominated for Shutter.

RomanM wrote:....will get nominated for Shutter.
i dont know about that. i would hope so, cause he gave one hell of a performance. but the release date was shit...

I hope Inception wins best Cinematography.

And i REALLY hope Chris gets a nom for best director, but as well all know he and the Academy have a bad record :JGLface: :batface:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Christopher Nolan wrote:probably, this movie will get no attention from the academy. it's a big budget blockbuster movie. that's a big disadvantage. it needs to be almost "perfect" to get some nominations..
Why are you so cynical, Christopher Nolan? :lol:
Ten films get nominated for Best Picture this year, so if films like District 9 and The Blind Side could get a Best Pic nom, then Inception would too.
Also Inception IS almost "perfect" according to a lot of reviewers! :clap:

Why so serious? (80% chance)

I think that Inception will at least get a nom for best pic. I mean very little CGI was used in this movie and the Academy loves that sort of thing. I guess the only other thing that could have helped this movie is if DDL was in it, because we all know how much the Acadamy loves him :lol:
Why you lurking my page brah?

It won't win Best Picture, not that it deserves to or anything, I haven't seen the movie or the rest of the competition. If it continues to gain high praise then it'll be nominated for sure.

Christopher Nolan wrote:
#1fan wrote:
that is not true at all
why?

í havent see the movie yet, but i dont see the academy giving this film nominations in the important categories. best director, best actor. hell...they didnt even give him a best director nomination for the dark knight.
:lol: Academy didn't give TDK the best director nomination simply because it was a comic book movie. You gotta think before you say something Mr. Nolan :lol:
Last edited by waveking on July 8th, 2010, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

it almost defonatly will get nominated for best picture. Apparently the reason the nominations got pushed to ten this year was due to the fact that everyone threw up a fuss when dark knight wasn't nominated in 2009.

It's gonna get nominated for Best Picture. I dunno if it'll win. A Sci-fi movie has never won Best Picture, but Inception could pull it off. It's gonna have to get nominated for Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects. I'm hoping Chris Nolan doesn't get snubbed of a nomination for Best Director. With his track record, its kinda insane he doesn't even have a nomination. I think he'll get a nomination here though. And then there's Best Screenplay... With critics saying it's the most original movie of the year, some saying of the past 10 yrs, I think it'll pull off a nomination.

Lets all hope that Inception goes down in history as the first Sci-fi movie to win Best Picture!!!

waveking wrote: :lol: Academy didn't give TDK the best director nomination simply because it was a comic book movie. You gotta think before you say something Mr. Nolan :lol:
because it was a comic book movie? wow, that's a good reason. why did ledger get his nomination? did he play in a other the dark knight movie? :roll: