The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
sallygucha wrote:
hoppity-kick wrote:
Agree. Nolan fans should acknowledge that TSN is a great film too. Let's just be happy for the nominations. Hope Nolan would win Best Director.
Social Network is a great film, but Nolan deserved Director. TSN deserves to beat Inception, but not in the Director category- Nolan deserves that. That's why I'm mad.
I agree, Nolan did something that no other director did this year. The Social Network deserves Best Pic but Nolan should get director. Hopefully he gets it from the Academy Awards, but we've seen how that works too.

Dark enV wrote:
I agree, Nolan did something that no other director did this year. The Social Network deserves Best Pic but Nolan should get director. Hopefully he gets it from the Academy Awards, but we've seen how that works too.

It won't happen for him until he makes a character drama released in the fall/winter with proper support from its studio. The Prestige, for instance, didn't get much support at all from Disney.

All hope is gone

Let's just hope when The Dark Knight Rises comes out a Director doesn't decide to dig up a script about the creation of Wal Mart from a TV writer and has that movie release the same year. TDKR won't have a chance at Awards season.

hoppity-kick wrote:All hope is gone
I guess the world is gonna end now that inception wont get jack shit now. Does look like the globes have sold out, unfortunatly. :(

yEAH, NATALIE WON!!!!!
REALLY? for DIRECTING? I do agree with the above comments, and also believe that TSN is a fantastic movie, but come ON.
Exactly. What did Fincher do exactly? He just took Aaron Sorkin's script and told the actors where to stand and sit. That was it.
WOW. :o :shock:
Last edited by thenextnolan on January 16th, 2011, 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

sallygucha wrote:Let's just hope when The Dark Knight Rises comes out a Director doesn't decide to dig up a script about the creation of Wal Mart from a TV writer and has that movie release the same year. TDKR won't have a chance at Awards season.

:lol:

Nolan has no chance with TDKR because it's a superhero movie. Superhero movies are blackballed from winning Oscars in the major categories (Picture, Director, Script). End of story.

But the thing is these things will go to the most popular people or movies otherwise they will lose the audience's attention.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
sallygucha wrote:Let's just hope when The Dark Knight Rises comes out a Director doesn't decide to dig up a script about the creation of Wal Mart from a TV writer and has that movie release the same year. TDKR won't have a chance at Awards season.

:lol:

Nolan has no chance with TDKR because it's a superhero movie. Superhero movies are blackballed from winning Oscars in the major categories (Picture, Director, Script). End of story.
Well, Heath Ledger won for a Comic Book Movie. And people around Hollywood say that the rule change from 5 to 10 best picture nominees was because of Dark Knight. And in all honesty, most if not all comic book movies are crap, with the exception of Christopher Nolan's.

LOL! Nolan got a little recognition there, spurred on by JGL.

REALLY? for DIRECTING? I do agree with the above comments, and also believe that TSN is a fantastic movie, but come ON.