The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Jumpman wrote:I'll eat crow for a year if Nolan surpass even Inception with Rises....

I want it to happen.
Well...goodluck with that! :crazy:

This is the most ridiculous snub ever--there's absolutely no reason to snub him for Best Director. Why does the Academy do this every single time? I saw the nominations this morning and couldn't believe they did this again!

Jumpman wrote:warrior,

I understand what you're saying. I know my reason's flawed. But for me, Nolan's been on a four film ridiculous streak (Begins, Prestige, Knight, and Inception). The law of averages says that Nolan has to have a misstep...even if it's a slight one with his next picture.

Trust me, I don't want it to be so but it's gotta happen some time. Doesn't it?
Personally, I think that how TDKR is going to be received will be based on the movie's merits rather than whether or not Inception and TDK were great movies. I'm skeptical that TDKR will be a good movie, but my skepticism is more from what the movie maybe about rather than a streak of well-crafted movies.

Just come back from work and I need to take all out...sorry
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I really think that the academy didn't like Nolan at all. Poor fella. Not love for Chris.
And Lee Smith not nominated y just ...just... I can't find the words.
THIS PEOPLE IS BLIND OR WHAT.

allstarr55js wrote:
I am just going to see if Bale wins his Oscar and then turn it off. If Bale loses I will never watch the awards again.
:clap: :clap:
Yea, and I expect Toy Story 3 get the BP award and everybody in the room will :o :shock: :clap:

Christopher is such a humble guy, I don't think he really gives a shit if he gets nominated or not!
{=}

A) The Oscars are blown way the fuck out of proportion.
B) Kubrick only got one anyways.

I'm really not concerned about the news at all.