The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

Ny Mag = :thumbdown:

UPDATE:

Best Film Editing 100%
Best Cinematography 100%
Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing 90%
Best Visual Effects 90%
(up from 70%)
Best Art Direction 85%

*Best Picture 80%

*Best Original Screenplay 70%

*Best Director 50%
(down from 60%)

Best Original Score 35%
(up from 20%)

*any acting noms 25%

Best Costume Design 15%
Best Original Song 0%
Best Makeup 0%

Last Updated: July17

(Will be updated constantly.)

Best original screenplay is a 100% DEAD LOCK as far as nomination goes. Visual effects and editing as well as sound could be in for a shout.

I'd make do with Nolan's first director nom here. He was the real star here

If this movie doesn't get Lee Smith the award for Best Editing then I don't know what will.

If Leo gets snubbed for this role I will have an eternal grudge against the academy

Sharlto Copley and Sam rockwell got snubbed last year and they both handed in better performances than most of the other nominees, excluding Jere·y Renner

talli wrote:If Leo gets snubbed for this role I will have an eternal grudge against the academy

Sharlto Copley and Sam rockwell got snubbed last year and they both handed in better performances than most of the other nominees, excluding Jere·y Renner
personally i think leo's performance in Shutter Island was superior and is something the academy would go for more unless they get on an Inception streak

talli wrote:If Leo gets snubbed for this role I will have an eternal grudge against the academy
I already do have a grudge against the academy for leaving TDK out of at least a best picture nom. That and the fact that Leo and Christian Bale still don't have oscars. I think Leo has at least been nominated.

I will say it again, if Leo gets snubbed it won't be because he isn't good enough it will be because his two performances were both good enough to be nominated and the voting was split. That will happen.