The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
talli wrote:you guys are so immature. You're acting like Inception lost because of some bias or conspiracy.

wake up...it lost to a better film. A film that was moving, inspiring, and entertaining without needing to be about anything but simple human connection.

Its not a film about British Royalty....its about a Speech Therapist and an unwilling patient and the relationship they form. to call it a film about British Royalty, would be like calling Inception a film about thiefs or architects or dreamers.

Grow up

Wally won...he deserved it. There's no conspiracy here
Must you be so hostile all the time? Secondly, it's your opinion it's a better film, and thirdly, Inception will be remember in 30 years. The King's Speech will stand as another oscar-bait film that won.

Talli there is obviously a bias with the Academy there are Academy type movies which The King Speech is. Then there are Sci Fi Blockbusters that are commercially successful. Because of that the Academy will go with the smaller film. Everyone is aware of this except your ignorant ass.

talli wrote:you guys are so immature. You're acting like Inception lost because of some bias or conspiracy.

wake up...it lost to a better film. A film that was moving, inspiring, and entertaining without needing to be about anything but simple human connection.

Its not a film about British Royalty....its about a Speech Therapist and an unwilling patient and the relationship they form. to call it a film about British Royalty, would be like calling Inception a film about thiefs or architects or dreamers.
Ugh...Sorry, but no. It was one of the weakest of the nominees, I'm not complaining because Inception lost, I'm complaining because TKS won over 7 better films (imo). It is a good film, of course, but no way in hell the best picture of the year, and especially not the best picture of the year when you had Inception, TSN, Black Swan etc.

The post-Oscars picking on Anne are pretty brutal at the moment. Poor girl, she tried too much while Franco tried too little.

But I feel sorry for Nolan, for casting that hack in a main role. Again.

edit: Btw, cheers for Wally! Definitely, the biggest surprise of the night. The other three were pretty much expected.
Last edited by Oneironaut on February 28th, 2011, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, I'm gonna be alone here and say that TKS deserved best picture. Very uplifting film, funny and heartwarming. I loved every second of it.

Oneironaut wrote:The post-Oscars picking on Anne are pretty brutal at the moment. Poor girl, she tried too much while Franco tried too little.

Again? Nolan has never worked with her before.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Oneironaut wrote:The post-Oscars picking on Anne are pretty brutal at the moment. Poor girl, she tried too much while Franco tried too little.

Again? Nolan has never worked with her before.
Trolls have trouble with grammar. I think I understand the main point of what it is trying to say, but the logic is confused. Don't expect a sound argument from something living under a bridge.

chee wrote:Well, I'm gonna be alone here and say that TKS deserved best picture. Very uplifting film, funny and heartwarming. I loved every second of it.

ding ding ding...when they make a truly great sci fi it will win an oscar. but inception had many flaws, we've been over this argument. I dont think its as subjective as you people are making it sound

The King's Speech will surely be remembered. Number 1 because it won. Number 2 because its an amazing film

talli wrote:
chee wrote:Well, I'm gonna be alone here and say that TKS deserved best picture. Very uplifting film, funny and heartwarming. I loved every second of it.

ding ding ding...when they make a truly great sci fi it will win an oscar. but inception had many flaws, we've been over this argument. I dont think its as subjective as you people are making it sound

The King's Speech will surely be remembered. Number 1 because it won. Number 2 because its an amazing film

Film quality is always subjective. One person's trash can be another person's treasure.

apw
I would have liked Inception to win Art Direction but 4 wins is great. :twothumbsup: :clap:

And poor Deakins.