Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
RomanM wrote:These negative reviews are scary not because they're negative per se, but because they seem logical given the scope of the film and Chris's past films.
out of the 12 negative review, give me 4 which are valid negative reviews other than Nolan hate

redfirebird2008 wrote:
EctoCooler31 wrote:Isn't it a little early to start losing hope? I mean they have only posted 46 total reviews.
What do you mean losing hope? The Prestige received a 75% rating overall and a 66 at MetaCritic. I think that film is brilliant and the critics were wrong. I do seriously doubt Inception has the character development of that film, which is disappointing but somewhat expected with a big budget action flick that has such a large ensemble cast.
I'm not, its the posters before me that sounded down in the dumps. I still think its doing well and will get better ratings when its all said and done.

Eternalist wrote:People are overblowing this, the negative reviews are still far outweighed by the positive.
I hate to, but that score on RT makes me depressed that most of the positive reviews won't be posted?

hasanbilal80 wrote:
jhawkin1 wrote:
Dragon_316ca wrote:Michael Phillips: 3 stars

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 986.column
was this 3 out of 5 stars ??
:( :( :(
no he gives it out of 4 starts

Ironically he is a top critic and also gave Toy Story 3 stars

Well then I am good to go! Lets go Ebert!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Inferno313 wrote:
jhawkin1 wrote:

3 out of 4. I believe.
That sounds more like a mixed review than a negative one. He seems to have been slightly disappointed, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

hasanbilal80 wrote:
jhawkin1 wrote:

no he gives it out of 4 starts

Ironically he is a top critic and also gave Toy Story 3 stars
He also gave Hot Tub Time Machine 3.5 out of 4 :wtf:

indy42 wrote:
RomanM wrote:These negative reviews are scary not because they're negative per se, but because they seem logical given the scope of the film and Chris's past films.
Which is partially what annoys me. Everybody two weeks ago was like, "Oh, well, since it's Christopher Nolan, it won't be emotional and will be mostly awesome visuals." Now, that's the exact criticism, like the critics are falling back on the faults they expected to find, as opposed to the faults actually there.
I noticed that too, especially since the positive reviews noted how emotional it was.

Nolan's right, ideas are like a virus - notice how some unnamed studio exec (I'm guessing he/she was from Sony) makes a comment that contradicts everything people have said about Nolan's character (most people find him a very warm and approachable person) and suddenly this 'cold' accusation is everywhere having previously never been mentioned? :JGLface:
Last edited by Bueller on July 14th, 2010, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.