Delayed worldwide release. How will you cope?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
aris13 wrote:24 August here in Greece. Yeah that's right.
dude, it's time for you to take a little overseas vacation trip,

OVERMAN wrote:
aris13 wrote:24 August here in Greece. Yeah that's right.
dude, it's time for you to take a little overseas vacation trip,
haha it's a good advice :lol:

I'll be taking a vacation from this site untill the movie comes out that's for sure.

22 July in Russian IMAX, dubbed
23 July in Finland, English version

they didnt delay the uk release, did they? I already ordered plain tickets lol.

OVERMAN wrote:
RIFA wrote:
peloto wrote:August 6 here. The press kit said it was to make room for the new Elm Street's remake.
The real cause is probably that all my country's dubbing actors are on vacations.
They don't project original version films, nevah.
What dissapoints me is not really the date but the voice they put for Leo's character: looks like a 16yr guy.
Dubbed movies are dumb... why would you erase all the originality from the movie? Can't people just read subtitles? :roll:
you wanna be reading subtitles as well as watching the film, focusing at two things at a time?, there is always something lost by doing that, and even more if you go to see a movie as visually impressive as Inception, I don't really mind cause I can understand but for example the first time I saw TDK I saw it dubbed to latin spanish and it was an impressive professional dub, the dub actor for batman did the voice better than Christian Bale, etc, I reckon if it's a professional dub there is no problem, of course if you have a good english you are not gonna go for the dub option but if you can't understand anything is better if you go see the movie on your language first and enjoy all the visual experience of the film, you can always go watch it on the original language other time and read..
Uhmm no...

1. Once a movie is in english (most popular language on the planet) I think it's pathetic to dub it mostly because in my opinion it's not actors fault if you didn't want to learn english in school since in 99% of schools you learn it.
2. There's no way dubbing could be better than the original even if you liked the movie dubbed or not, the original is still better.
3. You don't lose anything by reading and watching at the same time. It's not my fault that you or someone else can't do two things at the same time. I watch a lot of foreign movies with subtitles and there's nothing that I could miss. I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tatto and thought it was one of the best movies this year and the movie isn't in spanish or french (languages that are more popular) and still could read and watch the action at the same time. It's called distributive attention.
4. Like someone said "People are too lazy to do two things at the same time, they want everything on a plate, learn how to read when you go to theater. Dubbed versions of movies should only be for animations since little kids go there and they actually don't have a distributive attention at their age, but winning as an adult, that's just pathetic."

Dubbed movies are still dumb and lose a lot of the exprience... I think I wanna hear Penelope's (Cruz) voice not some "other" actor... Imagine "Up In The Air" without Clooney's voice... and in spanish. :wtf:

Mandarin speakers outnumber entire population whose first language is English.Even in USA or UK, many people's first language is not English.So popularity is not the question.What matters the most is how good the job of dubbing is done.

As for delayed release, it's releasing on 16 July here in India AFAIK.I hope they release it in IMAX.
gib sigs

I just checked the calendar here and it's hitting theatres at July 15. Week days are not movie-going days for me though. :(

RIFA wrote:Uhmm no...

1. Once a movie is in english (most popular language on the planet) I think it's pathetic to dub it mostly because in my opinion it's not actors fault if you didn't want to learn english in school since in 99% of schools you learn it.
2. There's no way dubbing could be better than the original even if you liked the movie dubbed or not, the original is still better.
3. You don't lose anything by reading and watching at the same time. It's not my fault that you or someone else can't do two things at the same time. I watch a lot of foreign movies with subtitles and there's nothing that I could miss. I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tatto and thought it was one of the best movies this year and the movie isn't in spanish or french (languages that are more popular) and still could read and watch the action at the same time. It's called distributive attention.
4. Like someone said "People are too lazy to do two things at the same time, they want everything on a plate, learn how to read when you go to theater. Dubbed versions of movies should only be for animations since little kids go there and they actually don't have a distributive attention at their age, but winning as an adult, that's just pathetic."

Dubbed movies are still dumb and lose a lot of the exprience... I think I wanna hear Penelope's (Cruz) voice not some "other" actor... Imagine "Up In The Air" without Clooney's voice... and in spanish. :wtf:
ha ha ha is funny how you talk in absolutes,
you simply have a problem with you attitude thinking everything has to be the way you feel.
some people enjoy the dub and fall into that illusion if the dub is good, films relate on falling into that illusion regardless of the language and get the universal message of the story, you are just being an asshole saying is dumb.
it's not about laziness, films are not meant for you to go and read anything in the first place,
once you travel a little, listening at good european and latin american dubs come back and reply instead of leaving such ignorant comments. Some people on this business are really talented, it's not like fool american dub picking up celebrities for their cartoon movies, etc.
you have to open your mind and grow up a little kid, you don't know anything.

I'll just stare at a wall until the film comes out.