Cast End Credits Billing Order

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Kind of surprised to see Cotillard that far down in terms of screen time. But looking back at the trailers, etc she's definitely got a number of scenes when you count them all together, but the actual length of the scenes could be short (if she's where she's listed).

gangefan83 wrote:Tom Hardy is fourth, so thats a good thing!! Looks like Cotillard is going to have a small role. :batface:

One of the early reviewers described her role as a waste of her talent. Looks like it might be the case. :cry:

gangefan83 wrote:Looks like Cotillard is going to have a small role. :batface:
But that doesn't necessarily mean anything about her character. Hannibal Lecter had a "small role".

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
gangefan83 wrote:Looks like Cotillard is going to have a small role. :batface:
But that doesn't necessarily mean anything about her character. Hannibal Lecter had a "small role".
Good point. Brad Pitt's small role in "Snatch" didnt change his character.

gangefan83 wrote:Tom Hardy is fourth, so thats a good thing!! Looks like Cotillard is going to have a small role. :batface:
Hardy is one of my favourite actors ever, I'm a RIDICULOUSLY HUGE fan! I can't wait to see him in this as Eames. Lukas Haas is on the main cast list, that's promising enough!

SINCEPTION wrote:I did NOT know Pete Postlethwaite is in the movie. He's absolutely a fantastic actor!
He is brilliant! He is playing
Cillian Murphy's Dad (probably the guy who is behind the giant bolted door we see him enter whilst he is wearing white?
This was stated in the press note (available from the official website). I thought I'd put it in a spoiler tag just in case you people want to go in completely fresh :)

I don't think this indicates that Marion Cotillard necessarily has a very small role. Just that everyone above her has quite a bit of screen time (they are all either part of the team or go with the team in the dreams).

nadine wrote:Kind of surprised to see Cotillard that far down in terms of screen time. But looking back at the trailers, etc she's definitely got a number of scenes when you count them all together, but the actual length of the scenes could be short (if she's where she's listed).
Didn't hurt Maggie and Morgan Freeman's roles in TDK. Michael Caine actually had less screentime than Gary Oldman yet has second billing on the poster. So I wouldn't put too much stock in this.

Last edited by Rashad28 on July 1st, 2010, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's the poster billing order. The scrolling credits billing order for The Dark Knight was also different:

Christian Bale
Heath Ledger
Aaron Eckhart
Michael Caine
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Gary Oldman
Morgan Freeman
Monique Gabriela Curnen
Ron Dean
Cillian Murphy
Chin Han
Nestor Carbonell
Eric Roberts
Ritchie Coster

redfirebird2008 wrote:

One of the early reviewers described her role as a waste of her talent. Looks like it might be the case. :cry:
she's just a tool to influence cobb...nothing else..i kinda expected more..