Nolan: Star Wars sparked Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Christopher Nolan is hoping Inception will have the same effect on audiences as Star Wars.
The director has been very secretive about his forthcoming film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard, but revealed that it was inspired by Star Wars.
He said: "That was an entire world that didn't exist anywhere else before. It only existed in that movie, and then your brain lived in it for a couple of hours, and it stuck with you."
He continued: "Ever since I saw that film, whether I knew it or not, my ambition has been to give the audience that kind of experience. To create a world that they hadn't expected before and hadn't seen before and let them lose themselves in it. There's a huge advantage of jumping into something original that can be anything."
Nolan added that he has high hopes for the film, due out next month, after Avatar stormed the box office.
He said: "I would like to say we were very encouraged by the success of Avatar."
source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 6MXuQvXVDA

He might have a chance at this, even from the trailers I have already been swept up in the world of dreams. It kind of depends on how unique the world actually is. The difference between Star Wars and Avatar and Inception is that the first two are films based based around worlds created whereas it seems that Inception has a story that the created world fits into. I honestly prefer the second, but I am still hoping Nolan's wish can come true.

Good now maybe my friend will look forward to this more if he knows Nolan respects Star Wars. Yeah, he is like the biggest Star Wars fan you can come across. He thinks I kiss Nolan's ass too much as a filmmaker and nothing could compare to the world of Star Wars and all the sequels and prequels, tv series, books, comics, whatever comes with it. It gets on his nerves when I don't praise them to no end and I will openly say some problems I have with them particularly the prequels even if in some regard I still enjoy them, its not good enough.

I just hope Nolan never goes down the road of George Lucas. I mean I respect Lucas, but apparently as a filmmaker he decided to call it quits in the 80s, and just milk this Star Wars and Indiana Jones series for all its worth.

I feel the exact same way as Nolan. I love those kind of films.
    Great find, thanks :)

Star Wars sparks pretty much everything.

Eternalist wrote:Star Wars sparks pretty much everything.
    Starwars is the one SF that ecxually have maked big intrest to people for SF movies.
    INCEPTION is i think,not a movie like SW but more a movie that has influences from much other SF movies,
    and those influences are combined into one great film.This will be maybe just the Next Best SF film of this new century.
    but hopefully Nolan doesn't make more INCEPTION movies,because the magic will dissapaer i think.

I HATE AVATARDS LOL

Dark Nolan wrote:I HATE AVATARDS LOL
    Who doesn't?
    These people take fandom to the next level.
    There is a support group online for people who are suffering from depression after seeing the film. They are depressed because they can't live in that world. On the same site there are people who became broke after seeing the film so many times, people who broke up with their boyfriends/girlfriends because they talked about the film all the time, and even people who got fired from their jobs because they would skip work to see Avatar.

akv1984 wrote:
    Who doesn't?
    There is a support group online for people who are suffering from depression after seeing the film. They are depressed because they can't live in that world. On the same site there are people who became broke after seeing the film so many times, people who broke up with their boyfriends/girlfriends because they talked about the film all the time, and even people who got fired from their jobs because they would skip work to see Avatar.
    :batface:

Dark Nolan wrote:
    akv1984 wrote:
    Who doesn't?
    :batface:
    http://www.avatar-forums.com/general-av ... gible.html