"Inception": Critic Reviews thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Barrett wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:At first I thought of that as well. :lol: But I think the comment meant that her talent was wasted in the movie.
I understand that's what it means, I'm asking, where did the comment of her talent being wasted come from in the first place...??
From the link I posted on the previous page.
Oh and wasted Marion is awesome (well that and she nails playing characters wasted). See Dikkenek for that. :lol:
Last edited by nadine on June 26th, 2010, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Barrett wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:At first I thought of that as well. :lol: But I think the comment meant that her talent was wasted in the movie.
I understand that's what it means, I'm asking, where did the comment of her talent being wasted come from in the first place...??
http://tinyurl.com/2a9ttef
Soooo, we're just assuming that some random guy on an internet forum claims to have seen Inception, says Leo and Ellen sucked, and Marion is a wasted performance, and we're just automatically believing it? This IS the internet. It's probably Jay Baruchel from Sorcerer's Apprentice acting on behalf of Disney to cause dissension among Nolan fans.

Barrett wrote:
Soooo, we're just assuming that some random guy on an internet forum claims to have seen Inception, says Leo and Ellen sucked, and Marion is a wasted performance, and we're just automatically believing it? This IS the internet. It's probably Jay Baruchel from Sorcerer's Apprentice acting on behalf of Disney to cause dissension among Nolan fans.
:lol:

I can already tell from the footage that DiCaprio gave a damn good performance. At this point he reminds me of Bogart. He's not a hardcore "method" actor but he seems incapable of giving a bad performance. I'm not really a fan of Page and nothing in the footage seems to indicate a great performance, but it doesn't look bad either.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Barrett wrote:
:lol:

I can already tell from the footage that DiCaprio gave a damn good performance. At this point he reminds me of Bogart. He's not a hardcore "method" actor but he seems incapable of giving a bad performance. I'm not really a fan of Page and nothing in the footage seems to indicate a great performance, but it doesn't look bad either.
Nolan always get the best out of his cast, so i have faith in him ;)

so screenings already done right? still nothing leaked out? :twisted: :twisted:

I think you're all overreacting to this semi negative tweet. Let's focus on the fact that it's screening again tonight for SAG people.
Hopefully we'll get some reaction tomorrow. Look out for InContention and DeadlineHollywood sites, they usually have inside info.
{=}

there was a bad reaction? give a link..

Christopher Nolan wrote:there was a bad reaction? give a link..
We already did. Look at the previous page.

51 pages?

And the only legitimate reviews are cautious Twitter reactions and Travers' 3.5 synopsis?

:JGLface: I am NOT impressed.

I thought people had more courage than that.

uh...that's a bit hard. leo and ellen ruined the film? okay, marion, i could understand...but leo and ellen? hhmmm...but it really looks like that tom and joseph will be a a force in this movie, especially when they appear in a scene together... :D

anyway..i also look forward to see the social network. fincher is a great director, though, i hated button..

Christopher Nolan wrote:uh...that's a bit hard. leo and ellen ruined the film? okay, marion, i could understand...but leo and ellen? hhmmm...but it really looks like that tom and joseph will be a a force in this movie, especially when they appear in a scene together... :D

anyway..i also look forward to see the social network. fincher is a great director, though, i hated button..

how you could understand marion could ruin the film? ... she is far more talented than Ellen Page... :roll: