"Inception": Critic Reviews thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

cooldued wrote:Alex Billington tweeted @SBellROAARRR I think it has the potential to be... What else do you think may be the best movie(s) of the year?

i am assuming he is talking about inception
Nope. He was responding to this Tweet about The Social Network:

http://twitter.com/SBellROAARRR/status/17060165682
nadine wrote:Don't think this one has been posted yet - says that Marion is wasted and that Leo and Ellen ruin the film for them :eh:

http://tinyurl.com/2a9ttef
Can't expect everyone to like it. Besides, DiCaprio and Page both have their share of detractors. The person didn't even offer criticism on the story. In a film with such a large ensemble cast, obsessing over the performances instead of the story seems a bit misguided IMHO.

redfirebird2008 wrote: Can't expect everyone to like it. Besides, DiCaprio and Page both have their share of detractors. The person didn't even offer criticism on the story. In a film with such a large ensemble cast, obsessing over the performances instead of the story seems a bit misguided IMHO.
Have to agree. I mean, not one mention of the story or FX ... etc :roll:

I am willing to hear both positive and negative reviews/reactions, but I think Im going to ignore this one :P

redfirebird2008 wrote:
cooldued wrote:Can't expect everyone to like it. Besides, DiCaprio and Page both have their share of detractors. The person didn't even offer criticism on the story. In a film with such a large ensemble cast, obsessing over the performances instead of the story seems a bit misguided IMHO.
Should have clarified what the eh was for. A pet peeve of mine is when people point out a performance but don't say whether they actually liked or disliked movie. So I have no problem with criticism but at least qualify it to the movie itself, etc.

says that Marion is wasted
As in she looked like she was constantly drunk on set? :crazy:

chee wrote:
Where is this "Marion is wasted" comment from? Can't find it...

chee wrote:
At first I thought of that as well. :lol: But I think the comment meant that her talent was wasted in the movie.

nadine wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
cooldued wrote:Can't expect everyone to like it. Besides, DiCaprio and Page both have their share of detractors. The person didn't even offer criticism on the story. In a film with such a large ensemble cast, obsessing over the performances instead of the story seems a bit misguided IMHO.
Should have clarified what the eh was for. A pet peeve of mine is when people point out a performance but don't say whether they actually liked or disliked movie. So I have no problem with criticism but at least qualify it to the movie itself, etc.
Gotcha. Another thing about it that seems a bit biased is the idea of Marion being "wasted." This probably depends on a person's expectations. The character is clearly not a lead role, even if she is the main character's love interest. Just because Cotillard is a huge star and great actress does not mean she's going to have a ton of screentime in every role she chooses to play. She wanted to work with Nolan because he is a great director. I am interested to see how important her character is to the story, but I have a hard time believing the character was wasted. She might not have a lot of screentime but everything we know so far seems to suggest that her character is pretty important to Cobb's journey.

niniendowarrior wrote:At first I thought of that as well. :lol: But I think the comment meant that her talent was wasted in the movie.
I understand that's what it means, I'm asking, where did the comment of her talent being wasted come from in the first place...??

Barrett wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:At first I thought of that as well. :lol: But I think the comment meant that her talent was wasted in the movie.
I understand that's what it means, I'm asking, where did the comment of her talent being wasted come from in the first place...??
http://tinyurl.com/2a9ttef