"Inception": Critic Reviews thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
The Special One wrote:There will be Blood is as close to perfection as you can get! Should have won the Oscar for best film!
The first 3rd is probably some of the best film on celluloid around, but the rest, innevitably, didn't quite match it. Still, a great film, but I think Jesse James should have won best picture.

This is from that Devin guy's twitter

# Zack Hemsey's awesome Mind Heist - aka the INCEPTION trailer song - is NOT on the soundtrack CD. 36 minutes ago via web

# @garfep it looks like the real deal. Hope it plays in the car. 38 minutes ago via web in reply to garfep

# INCEPTION soundtrack won't play on my CD player but will play on my computer. Weird. 41 minutes ago via web

Seems like he got his hands on the soundtrack.

quite contrarian wrote:This is from that Devin guy's twitter

# Zack Hemsey's awesome Mind Heist - aka the INCEPTION trailer song - is NOT on the soundtrack CD. 36 minutes ago via web

# @garfep it looks like the real deal. Hope it plays in the car. 38 minutes ago via web in reply to garfep

# INCEPTION soundtrack won't play on my CD player but will play on my computer. Weird. 41 minutes ago via web

Mind Heist is amazing! It should at least be a bonus track.

The Special One wrote:There will be Blood is as close to perfection as you can get! Should have won the Oscar for best film!
There Will Be Blood is one of my all time favorite films. Saw it five times in the cinema and it's the main reason why I decided to go to film school...

Lord thank you for giving us Nolan and Anderson - My heroes.
@sammyjankis88

akv1984 wrote:
Agreed. I liked No Country for Old Men, but TWBB was just better.
I think their the two single best films of the decade. I slightly prefer No Country for Old Men just because within its 2 hour running time there isn't a wasted frame at all, but I love There Will Be Blood and it will be the film they will be studying at film schools years from now.

I think with Inception, Nolan might prove to be my favorite filmmaker just for how utterly consistent he is and what he is bringing to large Hollywood films, but arguably There Will Be Blood is the best film since its release and it will be tough for Inception to top it.

TheExtractorCobb wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
Agreed. I liked No Country for Old Men, but TWBB was just better.
I think their the two single best films of the decade. I slightly prefer No Country for Old Men just because within its 2 hour running time there isn't a wasted frame at all, but I love There Will Be Blood and it will be the film they will be studying at film schools years from now.

I think with Inception, Nolan might prove to be my favorite filmmaker just for how utterly consistent he is and what he is bringing to large Hollywood films, but arguably There Will Be Blood is the best film since its release and it will be tough for Inception to top it.
Memento and The Prestige are both better than NCFOM and TWBB.

NCFOM = 9/10
TWBB = 9/10
Prestige = 9.5/10
Memento = 10/10

Only other 10 I've handed out from the 2000's is to City of God.

Don't think this one has been posted yet - says that Marion is wasted and that Leo and Ellen ruin the film for them :eh:

http://tinyurl.com/2a9ttef

akv1984 wrote:

I'm sure there's going to be a special edition soundtrack like The Dark Knight did. ;)

niniendowarrior wrote:
akv1984 wrote:

I'm sure there's going to be a special edition soundtrack like The Dark Knight did. ;)
If there is, then I'm going to have to wait sometime before buying the soundtrack.

Alex Billington tweeted @SBellROAARRR I think it has the potential to be... What else do you think may be the best movie(s) of the year?

i am assuming he is talking about inception