"Inception": Critic Reviews thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Locked
Posts: 36
Joined: April 2010
The Special One wrote:There will be Blood is as close to perfection as you can get! Should have won the Oscar for best film!
The first 3rd is probably some of the best film on celluloid around, but the rest, innevitably, didn't quite match it. Still, a great film, but I think Jesse James should have won best picture.

Posts: 405
Joined: June 2010
Location: Houston
This is from that Devin guy's twitter

# Zack Hemsey's awesome Mind Heist - aka the INCEPTION trailer song - is NOT on the soundtrack CD. 36 minutes ago via web

# @garfep it looks like the real deal. Hope it plays in the car. 38 minutes ago via web in reply to garfep

# INCEPTION soundtrack won't play on my CD player but will play on my computer. Weird. 41 minutes ago via web


Seems like he got his hands on the soundtrack.

Posts: 8673
Joined: August 2009
quite contrarian wrote:This is from that Devin guy's twitter

# Zack Hemsey's awesome Mind Heist - aka the INCEPTION trailer song - is NOT on the soundtrack CD. 36 minutes ago via web

# @garfep it looks like the real deal. Hope it plays in the car. 38 minutes ago via web in reply to garfep

# INCEPTION soundtrack won't play on my CD player but will play on my computer. Weird. 41 minutes ago via web


Seems like he got his hands on the soundtrack.
Mind Heist is amazing! It should at least be a bonus track.

Posts: 2151
Joined: July 2009
Location: Norway
The Special One wrote:There will be Blood is as close to perfection as you can get! Should have won the Oscar for best film!
There Will Be Blood is one of my all time favorite films. Saw it five times in the cinema and it's the main reason why I decided to go to film school...

Lord thank you for giving us Nolan and Anderson - My heroes.

Posts: 335
Joined: June 2010
akv1984 wrote:
The Special One wrote:There will be Blood is as close to perfection as you can get! Should have won the Oscar for best film!
Agreed. I liked No Country for Old Men, but TWBB was just better.
I think their the two single best films of the decade. I slightly prefer No Country for Old Men just because within its 2 hour running time there isn't a wasted frame at all, but I love There Will Be Blood and it will be the film they will be studying at film schools years from now.

I think with Inception, Nolan might prove to be my favorite filmmaker just for how utterly consistent he is and what he is bringing to large Hollywood films, but arguably There Will Be Blood is the best film since its release and it will be tough for Inception to top it.

Posts: 2256
Joined: March 2010
Location: Texas
TheExtractorCobb wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
The Special One wrote:There will be Blood is as close to perfection as you can get! Should have won the Oscar for best film!
Agreed. I liked No Country for Old Men, but TWBB was just better.
I think their the two single best films of the decade. I slightly prefer No Country for Old Men just because within its 2 hour running time there isn't a wasted frame at all, but I love There Will Be Blood and it will be the film they will be studying at film schools years from now.

I think with Inception, Nolan might prove to be my favorite filmmaker just for how utterly consistent he is and what he is bringing to large Hollywood films, but arguably There Will Be Blood is the best film since its release and it will be tough for Inception to top it.
Memento and The Prestige are both better than NCFOM and TWBB.

NCFOM = 9/10
TWBB = 9/10
Prestige = 9.5/10
Memento = 10/10

Only other 10 I've handed out from the 2000's is to City of God.

Posts: 95
Joined: May 2010
Location: Australia
Don't think this one has been posted yet - says that Marion is wasted and that Leo and Ellen ruin the film for them :eh:

http://tinyurl.com/2a9ttef

Posts: 962
Joined: June 2009
akv1984 wrote:
quite contrarian wrote:This is from that Devin guy's twitter

# Zack Hemsey's awesome Mind Heist - aka the INCEPTION trailer song - is NOT on the soundtrack CD. 36 minutes ago via web

# @garfep it looks like the real deal. Hope it plays in the car. 38 minutes ago via web in reply to garfep

# INCEPTION soundtrack won't play on my CD player but will play on my computer. Weird. 41 minutes ago via web


Seems like he got his hands on the soundtrack.
Mind Heist is amazing! It should at least be a bonus track.
I'm sure there's going to be a special edition soundtrack like The Dark Knight did. ;)

Posts: 8673
Joined: August 2009
niniendowarrior wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
quite contrarian wrote:This is from that Devin guy's twitter

# Zack Hemsey's awesome Mind Heist - aka the INCEPTION trailer song - is NOT on the soundtrack CD. 36 minutes ago via web

# @garfep it looks like the real deal. Hope it plays in the car. 38 minutes ago via web in reply to garfep

# INCEPTION soundtrack won't play on my CD player but will play on my computer. Weird. 41 minutes ago via web


Seems like he got his hands on the soundtrack.
Mind Heist is amazing! It should at least be a bonus track.
I'm sure there's going to be a special edition soundtrack like The Dark Knight did. ;)
If there is, then I'm going to have to wait sometime before buying the soundtrack.

Posts: 3492
Joined: May 2010
Location: Canada
Alex Billington tweeted @SBellROAARRR I think it has the potential to be... What else do you think may be the best movie(s) of the year?

i am assuming he is talking about inception

Locked