528491!!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
1. Half Remembered Dream
2. We Built Our Own World
3. Dream Is Collapsing
4. Radical Notion
5. Old Souls
6. 528491
7. Mombasa
8. One Simple Idea
9. Dream Within A Dream
10. Waiting For A Train
11. Paradox
12. Time

Pause the featurette at 1:53! :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m29qEIaF ... n-3r-11-HM

Delete if this has been noticed before! :) Just an interesting find! Not really a spolier ... but what do you think those digits mean? what is the significance of that room?

I've seen both of those, but I hadn't made the connection before. I do know that they go down to the 4th floor of the hotel as well. The rotating hallway fight scene occurs on both of those floors. I've been going with the idea that 528491 number is some sort of code to unlock the idea (possibly from the safe we see in other sequences) but I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with the hotel room. I do know that pretty much everybody is in the hotel at some point: Leo and JGL in this scene, a blond guy that appears to be Tom Berenger being held hostage is in the room while Leo is explaining the situation to Cillian, Ellen's there, Watanabe and Cotillard both show up at some point. Also would like to point out that the dream changes stages while they're at the hotel; the gravity switches between real world, rotating (see the hallway), and off (see the floating bodies). So I think the hotel scenes are pretty important.

Nice find :thumbup:

The trailers also show footage from the fourth floor of the hotel building, so something probably also happens in room 491 :D

George wrote:Nice find :thumbup:

The trailers also show footage from the fourth floor of the hotel building, so something probably also happens in room 491 :D
Maybe JGL is trying to make his way down to 491 with somebody else trying to stop him, and that's what the hallway fight is about.

A prety interesting find

Intriguing. :geek: I remember Nolan also had the number 52 in TDK (the address where Rachel was being held, 25052 street), definitely it has to do with the plot just like Enzo said. :thumbup:

Yeah, 491 is definitely the other hotel room. You can see it when JGL and whoever collide in the hallway fight scene. It's the same fight as the first trailer, but in the new featurette, it's cropped differently and you can see the room number. Right around here:

Also, while we're playing with numbers, any special meaning behind the taxi being #2053?

Mbah Cobb wrote:Intriguing. :geek: I remember Nolan also had the number 52 in TDK (the address where Rachel was being held, 25052 street), definitely it has to do with the plot just like Enzo said. :thumbup:
in that case that number is spoken as two fifty fifty second street, which can be translated to 2 50/50 2nd street. It was meant to play more into the duality theme.

So it turns out that “528 491” were just random numbers sputtered out by Fischer?

What was so important about obtaining the numbers in the first place?

I know the attempted kick was set up in one of the two rooms, but other than that, can someone explain the “objective” for the whole hotel sequence, along with the importance of the numbers?

Armandhammer wrote:So it turns out that “528 491” were just random numbers sputtered out by Fischer?

What was so important about obtaining the numbers in the first place?

I know the attempted kick was set up in one of the two rooms, but other than that, can someone explain the “objective” for the whole hotel sequence, along with the importance of the numbers?
It was misdirection in order to make him think he was being kidnapped simply in order to obtain the code to a safe. Also those numbers echoed into the second layer of the dream when they turned up as hotel room numbers (nice touch).