Inception ("IMAX") - Empire Leicester Square

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Is it worth seeing Inception there? :?
I have never been to this cinema before but would love to see it on the big screen

Wait...huh????

AsianVersionOfET wrote:Wait...huh????
Inception is part of their IMAX season but I wasn't sure if I should go to watch it there tomorrow cos I don't know if it's worth it.. since Inception wasn't filmed in IMAX.
I've never been to Empire Leicester Square and read some bad reviews :?. But I might just go cos I didn't see Inception on the big screen and it'll probably look awesome! 8-)

marpes wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote:Wait...huh????
Inception is part of their IMAX season but I wasn't sure if I should go to watch it there tomorrow cos I don't know if it's worth it.. since Inception wasn't filmed in IMAX.
I've never been to Empire Leicester Square and read some bad reviews :?. But I might just go cos I didn't see Inception on the big screen and it'll probably look awesome! 8-)
Yeah Empire Leicester Square IMAX is brand new. It's digital but it's fine because 1. Inception didn't use IMAX cameras and stays in scope throughout 2. It's the best digital IMAX I've ever been in and frankly for any non-IMAX shot films that are getting an IMAX release I'd come back (that includes TF4 cause we'll never likely get to see that 1.44:1 full-frame version). 3. compared to the BFI IMAX, the only difference is the height of the screen. The area a scope image takes up on the screen is exactly the same.

antovolk wrote:Yeah Empire Leicester Square IMAX is brand new. It's digital but it's fine because 1. Inception didn't use IMAX cameras and stays in scope throughout 2. It's the best digital IMAX I've ever been in and frankly for any non-IMAX shot films that are getting an IMAX release I'd come back (that includes TF4 cause we'll never likely get to see that 1.44:1 full-frame version). 3. compared to the BFI IMAX, the only difference is the height of the screen. The area a scope image takes up on the screen is exactly the same.
Thanks for the info, Antovolk
Seeing it today! :gonf: