#1 reason why I'm looking forward to Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Hey everyone! New here, just came over from the IMDb boards, figure it would be appropriate to join these boards as well.

My anticipation level for Inception has reached incredible heights. I was sitting back and I tried to think of the number #1 reason as to why I am so excited for this film … It comes down to this …

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT

No, its not cause of Nolan (although I’m becoming a huge fan), it’s not the killer cast, nor is it the innovative and mind blowing concept of the dream world … its because the film is so clouded with mystery and you have absolutely no idea on what to really look forward to.

Movies nowadays are based off of novels, comic books or familiar stories. Movies off the top of my head: The A-Team, Shutter Island, The Dark Knight, Jonah Hex, Toy Story 3, the Karate Kid, Avatar and Robin Hood. Each of these movies has something you can easily relate to. Whether it would be a t-v show (A-Team), a familiar comic book super hero/villain (The Dark Knight), a familiar and fantastic franchise (Toy story 3), a story you can see played out from miles away (Avatar) … etc

Inception, despite its TV spot and trailers, still maintains its sense of total confusion and wonder.

How big of a scale is this movie? (Just a normal conflict between groups/world ending conflict?)

Totally fresh and mysterious characters (what are their motives/how do they react) :JGLface:

Who are the villains? What do they want?

The questions go on and on ...

Drama, innovative story, action, sci-fi and thriller all fused in one …

I really hope this film turns out to be something great. Really crossing my fingers on this one.

If you could chose 1 reason, what would it be?

Welcome to Nolan Fans. :)

And yea, I love that I don't know what to expect when I walk in. :D

My number one reason is that its a Nolan film, mostly.

I wanna see the city fold over!
Why you lurking my page brah?

I cant really give you one specific reason. I dont think there has been a film that I've been so excited to see, I mean its borderline obsession. Something about this film has drawn me in moreso than any other film before it.
{=}

The Special One wrote:I cant really give you one specific reason. I dont think there has been a film that I've been so excited to see, I mean its borderline obsession. Something about this film has drawn me in moreso than any other film before it.
You're not alone :JGLface:

My number one reason is that there isn't a reason I could choose as number one

There's just something about this film. I've never joined a forum for a movie before but I just felt compelled to talk about this film with others. The Dark Knight was the last film that exceeded my expectations, for a film to do that is very rare!
{=}

Prime wrote:
The Special One wrote:I cant really give you one specific reason. I dont think there has been a film that I've been so excited to see, I mean its borderline obsession. Something about this film has drawn me in moreso than any other film before it.
You're not alone :JGLface:
im with you two...

I must agree. Roughly three quarters of this year's movies are all sequels, adaptions, or based on something. Inception isn't based on anything. And, like you said, that allows for anything to happen. You can never know what's gonna happen because a film exactly like this hasn't been made before (unlike Avatar). For example if this were an adaption or sequel, Cobb would most certainly have no chance of dying.

Another thing I'm looking forward to this movie for is the sheer visual spectacle. Crumbling cities anyone?

It's about dreams and memories, which I am facinated aboout.
And it's Nolan's original story. Maybe the most exciting thing is donno what next and let him fuck our mind.