Are You Emotionally Attached To INCEPTION?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
yes .

Don't think I've posted in this thread but yes, I am. I don't want to go into too much detail but I feel like I heavily relate to Cobb.

OHHH. VERY NICE HAAHAH

Only while I'm watching it. With TDK Trilogy it's different, I can only think about it and feel all warm inside lol.

Just watched it again about 30 minutes ago and it is still one of the best films I've seen since the new decade. I can say that I am quite emotionally attached to it not just because of its sheer quality but because the movie reminds me of what had been my favorite year in my life (2010) for various reasons and events that happened in that year. So yeah, it holds some sentimental value for me.

DreamPolice wrote:Just watched it again about 30 minutes ago and it is still one of the best films I've seen since the new decade. I can say that I am quite emotionally attached to it not just because of its sheer quality but because the movie reminds me of what had been my favorite year in my life (2010) for various reasons and events that happened in that year. So yeah, it holds some sentimental value for me.
Same here man every time I watch the movie I get a good feeling from it because of all the good stuff that happened the year it came out.

Watched it 9 times in the theatres and countless times after the DVD came out and still playing the soundtrack regularly so yes I'd say that I am.

Watched it over and over 15 times. Different moods. Different reaction every time, but in the end I just love it.

What is at stake when we become emotionally attached to characters, particularly when there is much ambivalence surrounding the real or fictional (dream world) existence of these characters, or does the latter part of this question even matter?

I noticed that Cobb himself never spins the totem in any of the 4 dream levels in the movie. The only time the top is spun is by Saito in limbo at the end and by Cobb himself (when supposedly in the real world).

After thinking about the entire movie for a long time, I have come to my own conclusion (and maybe it's Nolan's as well).

Firstly, I believe at the end Cobb has indeed returned to his kids in REALITY. Why? Because if he was dreaming, it would mean all the other scenes that we thought were reality (Kyoto train, Kyoto hotel, Mombasa, aircraft flight) would also have had to have been a dream. This means there would have been a new level above, where Mal was actually alive and Cobb's actual kids were. The problem with this is the dream machine. Either the timer would have run out or Mal would have switched it off.

Cobb says he has been trying to get back to his kids for years, so if he was actually dreaming, the machine on the level would have to have been on for a huge amount of time.

I believe Nolan's intention was to perform Inception on the viewer (audience), that is to leave people questioning their own reality, and thus at some point in the film the emphasis of 'dream' vs 'reality' is shifted from Cobb to the viewer.

At the end, WE observe the totem, not Cobb. We are subjective, Cobb is objective. Cobb spinning the totem is used to show that Nolan's narrative has been achieved;

THAT IS : WE HAVE BEEN INCEPTED WITH THE IDEA; IS YOUR WORLD REAL?