Did I just see a new inception viral commercial? Help me out

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
So I'm watching "40 year old virgin" on USA network at about 2 am, when I see a commercial come on. I'm with some friends and not really paying attention to the TV at first, but i still notice that it's a very vague commercial, with various text like "DID YOU KNOW THE GOVERNMENT CAN ACCESS YOUR MIND?" playing over a simple scene of a wall in some city, with city noises playing in the background. I don't remember much about the first half because I wasn't really paying attention, it wasn't until the last two messages that I actually took notice of what was on screen as the strange commercial had finally captured my interest:

"KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN
AND YOUR MIND CLOSED

TEXT MINDCRIME TO #### FOR MORE INFORMATION"

I say #### because I didn't catch the number unfortunately.

Then the commercial ended without any more information, but the word MINDCRIME seemed a bit more than a coincidence right now, what with people thinking that stage 3 of the MindCrime Website was due to open soon. I tried Google, but can't find any information about this commercial online sadly

So yeah, does anyone know anything about this? It could very well be nothing, especially considering how little attention I was giving the TV at the time, but still, nothing wrong with looking into it. I'll keep an eye on the channel now and see if I can't catch it again.

If you had a DVR, like the rest of the world, you could have just rewinded and taken the number down.

sallygucha wrote:If you had a DVR, like the rest of the world, you could have just rewinded and taken the number down.
I was at a friend's house, and they didn't have DVR.

It would just make sense. When Nolan interviewed that "psychologist" she mentioned something about the military trying to use the technology.

bLaZe wrote:It would just make sense. When Nolan interviewed that "psychologist" she mentioned something about the military trying to use the technology.
that was obviously (to the trained eye) an actress :?

#1fan wrote:
bLaZe wrote:It would just make sense. When Nolan interviewed that "psychologist" she mentioned something about the military trying to use the technology.
that was obviously (to the trained eye) an actress :?
Uh I think he's aware of that, hence he put "psychologist" in quotes.
Good call, had forgotten about that and was wondering how the mention of government could be related to Inception.

If this is true, its so awesome!

Yeah I really hope this is true, not just because I'll feel silly for thinking some random commercial was about Inception, but because this is a pretty neat way to advertise the movie, and hopefully we'll see more commercials in a similar style.

Maybe they are aiming for something District 9 did with all "REPORT ALIEN ACTIVITY" flyers and posters. It was spread widely even in Poland. I'm hoping for that.

It seems like a strange time to be promoting, but it sounds plausible, I guess.