The INCEPTION Award Season Discussion Thread

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Dragon_316ca wrote:Oklahoma Film Critics Circle Winner: Top 10 Best Films (#2), Best Original Screenplay

Nominated by Alliance of Women Film Journalists: Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay (Original), Best Editing, Most Beautiful Film, Best Cinematography, Best Film Music Or Score

Utah Film Critics Association: 2 winners for "Best Director" (Nolan and Fincher)
friggin gr8 stuff. nolan & fincher both won best director? :clap: nolan & inception racking up alot of love so far. this is good stuff.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

talli wrote: my opinions are not facts? :shock: :o :? :x :cry: :roll: :thumbdown:
This must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on Nolanfans.com.

In his defense, which I don't come to often, I don't think he was being serious.

I dug Black Swan, but it was more about Portman's performance than any other aspect of the film. I had some issues with the script, but that seems to be a reoccurring problem I have with Aronofsky's films....and whoever said the film wasn't camp when I raise that concern was mistaken, the film clearly crosses over into camp/black comedy territory a number of times. It reminded me more of a movie like May than it did Repulsion, which seems to be the comparison everyone is making.

Fallglimmer05 wrote:I dug Black Swan, but it was more about Portman's performance than any other aspect of the film. I had some issues with the script, but that seems to be a reoccurring problem I have with Aronofsky's films....and whoever said the film wasn't camp when I raise that concern was mistaken, the film clearly crosses over into camp/black comedy territory a number of times. It reminded me more of a movie like May than it did Repulsion, which seems to be the comparison everyone is making.
+1 one of my big problems was some of the horror cliche's seemed....redundant & felt outta place.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

State of the race (as of Dec. 26th):

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/12/26/ch ... -rankings/

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:
1. 'Inception' – Chicago, Florida, Oklahoma and D.C. said it was the year's best.
2. 'The King's Speech' – San Francisco, St. Louis and critics in the Southeast disagreed.
3. 'The Kids Are All Right' – BFCA/Globe/Chicago nominees 8-0 since 2001.
4. 'Black Swan' – Even with Globe snub, a BFCA/Chicago nominee is 5-0 in that period.
5. 'The Fighter' – Scripts with only BFCA support are a 50/50 proposition. ((BEST PICTURE NOMINEES???))

BEST DIRECTOR:
1. David Fincher ('The Social Network') - Is anyone seriously betting against Fincher at this point?
2. Darren Aronofsky ('Black Swan') - 14 awards behind Fincher. But 3 is good enough for second.
3. Christopher Nolan ('Inception') - Actually ahead of Aronofsky in pure award mentions. 12 wins/nominees to his 10.
4. Tom Hooper ('The King's Speech') - BFCA/Globes/Chicago nominees are 19-2 for Oscar nod. Only Baz Luhrmann (2001) and Peter Jackson (2005) shut out. Top 4 look solid.
5. Danny Boyle ('127 Hours') - Eight wins/nominations to #6's five. That's one ahead of Hooper too.

BEST PICTURE:
1. 'The Social Network' - 65 awards compared to Black Swan's 28 right now.
2. 'Black Swan' - Only two films to beat 'Social' so far. Austin chose this.
3. 'The King's Speech' - BFCA/Globes/Chicago + SAG Ensemble nominees are 18-3 since 1999. That equals your top three.
4. 'Inception' - BFCA/Globes/Chicago minus SAG Ensemble nod is 14-0 since 2005.
5. 'The Fighter' - Despite no Chicago nod, films that get the other three are 11-2 since 2001.

5 nominations from the Online Film Critics Society..they for some reason aren't giving an award for best score this year.

Best Picture
Best Director
Best Original Screenplay
Best Cinematography
Best Editing

Pretty sure Nolan won Best Director for The Dark Knight from this group. Memento also tied with Mulholland Drive for Best Picture(picking up a win for Adapted Screenplay and nominations for Best Director and Best Actor also) and The Prestige got a screenplay nomination...so they tend to be a little "cooler" than most.

http://www.ofcs.org/2010/12/2010-online ... award.html

So when will the oscar nominations be anounched?

BatMotor wrote:So when will the oscar nominations be anounched?
Announced January 25. Voting starts today going on for two weeks.
@sammyjankis88