Surprised Nolan is doing Superman since...

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Hello everyone , first post :D

Here is what David Goyer said in an interview in the book Batman Begins

Q : What is it about him ( Batman ) as a charachter that you like?

DG : What I liked about Batman is that he is the most realistic of the super heroes.There is a grittiness and grimness to him.People sometimes draw distinctions between Marvel superheroes and DC super heroes. Theres Spider Man who has all this self doubt , the Fantastic Four who are always bickering and then the Hulk who obviously has a lot of probems.The Marvel heroes are more conflicted.SUPERMAN and Wonder Women are effectively Gods.Green Lantern is'nt tortured or tormented,nor is the Flash.But Batman is.Conflicted heroes are more interesting to watch because they are more human - we can relate to them.

After saying that he Superman is essentially a God, why would David Goyer agree to make a Superman movie(i mean writing the script). Also, Nolan also agrees with him since he was present and didnt say anything.

harihar the wise wrote:After saying that he Superman is essentially a God, why would David Goyer agree to make a Superman movie(i mean writing the script).
Money.

Eternalist wrote:
harihar the wise wrote:After saying that he Superman is essentially a God, why would David Goyer agree to make a Superman movie(i mean writing the script).
Money.
In case you haven't noticed, Goyer is a giant DC Fanboy. He is a tried and true fan of most of their properties.

That's another reason. It's the film industry, so he has to get paid.

This is exactly the reason why Inception needs to rake in tons of cash - it can prove to all the studios that an original film can make a lot of money if it is good.

Goyer loves DC so that's why he would do it

Inception is really secrective because otherwise noone will go too that movie 8-)
They will not give to many info away,and with the money they have got from 'Inception'
if it will be a hit,that money they will use for Batman 3 and the new Superman movie :thumbup: :clap:

I have never been a fan of Superman and don't know if I ever will be a fan of Superman. To be honest, I am not happy about this news. I don't want Nolan to direct or write any Superman movie. If he is really dedicating his time and passion then so be it. I cannot do anything about it. Hopefully, I change my mind when I see the first trailer of this movie directed by Nolan.

They need a new actor sure.

Best superhero film in my mind till date is none other the UNBREKABLE. No other superhero story can hold a candle to M.Night Shyamalan's UNBREAKABLE. David Dunn's character is the darkest one. We are basically seeing the birth of a superhero. The realization of a superhero.

Has anybody read this already?
April 20, 2010: Actor Billy Zane Meets with Christopher Nolan?

by Neil Cole

LiveForFilms is reporting that they have received information from two different sources that director Christopher Nolan has met with actor Billy Zane (Titanic, The Phantom). The site, classifying one source as very reliable, admits that it is still awaiting confirmation.

This story may actually have some credibility since Nolan is currently working on two new projects; directing the third "Batman" movie and overseeing the reboot of the "Superman" franchise.

Prior to "Superman Returns" Zane was rumored to play Lex Luthor and is still a good choice for the role. However, Zane's meeting with Nolan may have been nothing more than a lunch or to discuss him playing some gangster in "Batman 3."

We'll keep you posted as this story develops.
http://www.supermansupersite.com/0421236.html

To be honest superman is god like just as much wonder woman is, I enjoyed a lot Tom Welling's performance as Clark Kent during the early seasons of small ville, because it was more about a guy with super power that had to deal with extraordinary situations just as much he had to deal with ordinary day to day situations, falling in love, academy stuff, etc.

Bryan singer's Superman Returns was just a sequel to what was done before and that's the reason of why it really called a lot of attention, because we were used to see the same in the previously done, the same goes for LexLluthor, he was just an agent of evil, while Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor is more about a man who is willing to cross the line in order to protect the earth from what Superman is capable of, I believe Michael Rosenbaum's performance and portrayal, was way better then Kevin's specey.

As for Brandon Routh. there was so much potential as Clark Kent/superman, but Superman Returns killed him, for the role. For me he is just the guy who performed as good a Christopher Reeves did, but didn't add anything new and I blame the script/ Bryan Singer for that. I hope Michael Rosenbaum get a shot in the casting for Lex Luthor... Maybe Jonathan Nolan (rumored director), would give him a shot when the casting occurs.

I hope to see superman dealing with moral decisions beyond our imagination, even if the outcome of those decision screw everything up for him or the people he cares, who knows maybe Metallo as opponent would be a good idea, while Lex Luthor announces his decision of running from president in 2 years.

The U.S. army worried about what Superman could do if he loses control, takes blood sample and creates a (dolly) clone who with the times evolved into Doomsday (maybe in a possible third installment), in which lex luthor becomes is the president, similar to what was going in "Public Enemies".

As much I would love Michael Rosenbaum returning to Smallville soon, I would him to have a shot in the casting for Michael Rosenbaum and if staying away from the role in the TV show helps him, go for it.