My Theory on the new superman......

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Well now we have conflicting quotes from him, it looks like our argument may never end.

geese711 wrote:Chris nolan has been qouted to saying that in talks with writer David Goyer, that Goyer had a new twist on how to do the Story that sounded interesting. Combine this with the fact that Warner Bros is having problems with getting the Orgins rights to do a reboot and you have Unbreakable. Are you still with me ? Unbreakable by M.Night starring bruce Willis and Sam Jackson was an origin superman story. It broke all the molds of superhero story's and never got any recognition because it didn't have the endorsement deals, toys, etc... The theme of the movie was "what if superman existed but didn't know it". Bruce Wilis was just becoming aware of his powers in Unbreakable. This would be a perfect way to set up the reboot

First Film
-Superman exist as an ordinary person who is sad a sad man, but doesnt know why.
-He discovers his ability and starts to understand his purpose in life.

Second Film (hopefully Warner Bros will have secured the origins story)
-Superman goes back to his home planet to fully understand his past

Third Film
-should be a justice league tie in

With nolan directing, there are so many possible twist on it.
Damn. I had a similar idea as you.

First film - Origins film like Unbreakable
Second Film - Some flashbacks to his father and Krypton and why Krypton failed. Hints at a Civil War between Jor-El and General Zod. Superman fights Zod's army.
Third Film - Confrontation with General Zod and Superman's triumph. However, Superman loses his powers at the end so that he can be "normal".

All 3 films also focus on his attempts to fit in as a regular human and his struggles with his dual identity and his love life.

While I actually don't mind that idea, I'm pretty sure I read that Nolan had said it wouldn't be an origin story.