Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Posts: 93
Joined: July 2010
I'm certain that if Nolan makes a Bond film, it'll be Tom Hardy.

Posts: 331
Joined: May 2010
Hardy would be awesome as Bond :thumbup:

Posts: 1610
Joined: April 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
You guys are really obsessing on this Tom Hardy thing. :lol: But yeah Hardy is a good choice, if he were ever to make a Bond movie. If he does do a James Bond movie, Nolan would be the only reason I'd see it :)

Posts: 93
Joined: July 2010
dagn96 wrote:You guys are really obsessing on this Tom Hardy thing. :lol: But yeah Hardy is a good choice, if he were ever to make a Bond movie. If he does do a James Bond movie, Nolan would be the only reason I'd see it :)
TBH, I am not sure how he would be able to top Casino Royale. Heck, Casino Royale felt very Nolan-ish.

Posts: 709
Joined: December 2009
Location: None of Ur Business
Film adaptations I would like to see Nolan take on including a Bond film.

The Stranger by Albert Camus

Notes From The Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre

And of course a Bond film more in tone with Ian Flemings books and the 3 dimensional Bond character and his psyche.

Nolan directing a Bond film is inevitable IMO, especially since he is a huge fan of Ian Flemings James Bond.

Posts: 709
Joined: December 2009
Location: None of Ur Business
Christopher Nolan directing Tom Hardy or Henry Cavill as James Bond would be awesome!

Posts: 61
Joined: April 2010
Location: NW US
Eames wrote: TBH, I am not sure how he would be able to top Casino Royale. Heck, Casino Royale felt very Nolan-ish.
Could not disagree more. CASINO ROYALE was a moron movie, requiring viewer's to suspend brain functions. All these spies leaving the plot points on their cellphones, and Bond just killing to get their cellphones? Dumbest stuff ever.

Nolan is WAY too smart to make a POS like that.

Posts: 4938
Joined: December 2009
Location: London
Tom Hardy has been my favourite actors for about 2 years now, since he started getting bigger roles. I was so happy with his Bond like performance in Inception and the Bond stuff he got to do. I was just as happy with Nolan's direction of Inception, which was an improvement on his Batman action directing and would be perfect for a Bond film. There were plenty of Bond style set pieces, perhaps thanks to Chris Corbuld who I think worked on Goldeneye.

Posts: 709
Joined: December 2009
Location: None of Ur Business
trevanian wrote:
Eames wrote: TBH, I am not sure how he would be able to top Casino Royale. Heck, Casino Royale felt very Nolan-ish.
Could not disagree more. CASINO ROYALE was a moron movie, requiring viewer's to suspend brain functions. All these spies leaving the plot points on their cellphones, and Bond just killing to get their cellphones? Dumbest stuff ever.

Nolan is WAY too smart to make a POS like that.





Don't know about Casino Royale being a "moron" movie....... :roll:

Posts: 962
Joined: June 2009
trevanian wrote: Could not disagree more. CASINO ROYALE was a moron movie, requiring viewer's to suspend brain functions. All these spies leaving the plot points on their cellphones, and Bond just killing to get their cellphones? Dumbest stuff ever.

Nolan is WAY too smart to make a POS like that.
While I don't particularly remember much about Casino Royale and cellphones, I will say that I thought the movie was utterly boring and Craig's Bond an oversized monkey with a brain the size of one too. It's a shame too because I think Craig is an amazing actor. Casino Royale though, blech.

I liked the 1954 Casino Royale version more than the 2006 one and that's saying quite a lot about it because the 1954 one was very flawed.

Post Reply