Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Well, I really (sorry for this) don't like idea of Nolan to handle a Bond movie. I know that he once said that he want to do it, but if he does, it's years wasting on something that is ordinary. Let's ne honest Bond is ordinary. I love Skyfall, but the director of such format as Nolan should stay away. He has more better ideas than this.

Nomis wrote:Zimmer is a must with Nolan. They understand each other. I'd love to hear a Zimmer/Bond score.
This. If people doubt Zimmer's diversity they shood do another listen of Interstellar's soundtrack. There is no doubt in my mind that he can make something that fits Bond, and the relationship that him and Nolan has is so damn valuable.

Of course it would be interesting to see Nolan work with another composer, but I'd much rather like it if that happened on a smaller scale film whenever Nolan decides to do that. Right now, Zimmer is the king of epics, and I'm pretty sure Nolan would do a pretty large scale Bond.

Also, Nolan's rumored plan for doing a trilogy sounds rather unlike him considering his tendency to only focus on one film at a time. I feel like the only scenario where that would be plausible is if Nolan had a whole story arc worked out ahead of time that he knew would require three films to tell. I actually don't doubt that he already has a plan for what to do with the character, based on the interview he gave on the Happy Sad Confused podcast. I remember him joking that he goes to sleep at night thinking about what new ground there is to cover in the world of Bond. When pressed by the interviewer, Nolan (like his usual self) refused to reveal any ideas he had for how he would handle the character.

Okay, I'm probably giving this unsubstantiated rumor too much credence and need to stop thinking about it lol.

Why couldn't he do three movies with separated stories?

Sanchez wrote:Why couldn't he do three movies with separated stories?
Because, as I mentioned in my post above, I find it unlikely that he would agree to make a trilogy of films up front since he tends to only focus on one film at a time.... unless of course he has 3 separate stories already worked out (which I suppose is possible)

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
poplar wrote:Well, I really (sorry for this) don't like idea of Nolan to handle a Bond movie. I know that he once said that he want to do it, but if he does, it's years wasting on something that is ordinary. Let's ne honest Bond is ordinary. I love Skyfall, but the director of such format as Nolan should stay away. He has more better ideas than this.
Who says that it would be ordinary. Was The Dark Knight Trilogy ordinary? If he has a Bond story to tell, it'll be unlike any of the other Bond films to date.

Even if Nolan never makes a Bond movie, I would love to see him make a spy movie someday.

Janky Sam wrote:
Sanchez wrote:Why couldn't he do three movies with separated stories?
Because, as I mentioned in my post above, I find it unlikely that he would agree to make a trilogy of films up front since he tends to only focus on one film at a time.... unless of course he has 3 separate stories already worked out (which I suppose is possible)
The only time Nolan has worked on a franchise, it was so long ago no one talked about doing a multi-film deal. Today things are different. It seems to me that he relly loves Bond and really wants to make a Bond movie one day, so I'm sure he would accept a deal to do multiple movies if he gets to make up the stories and if that is what it takes.

Of course, him doing the one reboot film with Hardy (or someone else) and then another director jumps on to do the next Hardy-movie could also be possible.

Sanchez wrote:
Nomis wrote:Zimmer is a must with Nolan. They understand each other. I'd love to hear a Zimmer/Bond score.
This. If people doubt Zimmer's diversity they shood do another listen of Interstellar's soundtrack. There is no doubt in my mind that he can make something that fits Bond, and the relationship that him and Nolan has is so damn valuable.

Of course it would be interesting to see Nolan work with another composer, but I'd much rather like it if that happened on a smaller scale film whenever Nolan decides to do that. Right now, Zimmer is the king of epics, and I'm pretty sure Nolan would do a pretty large scale Bond.
ikr, although Zimmer nails smaller scaled films as well.

Radiohead probably won't try for a third time to write a Bond song.