Who do you want to direct the next Batman Reboot

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Batman Begins was made for money. Nolan of course made a great peice of art but WB saw the $$$$$$

It wouldn't ruin a damn thing. You are just being a super snob. How long was Batman around before Nolan? How long was it around on the small and big screen before Nolan? Nolan does not own Batman. Hell he left it opened ended for a fucking reason.

So yes I would love to see another inspired take on Batman on the big screen. I would like a great team of filmmakers to work on it and make something that can stand next to Nolan's take and not get blow away. Now duh I don't want this any time soon. Give it a break for about 10-15 years. Sadly we will get something much sooner then that. And I hope it's done well. I would love to see something new and different. There is still stuff that could be done worth watching.. if done right.

Just go stick your head in the sand. If the film turns out good I promise to let you know.
Last edited by Peace on December 19th, 2012, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Batman Begins was made for money. Nolan of course made a great peice of art but WB saw the $$$$$$

It wouldn't ruin a damn thing. You are just being a super snob. How long was Batman around before Nolan? How long was it around on the small and big screen before Nolan? Nolan does not own Batman. Hell he left it opened ended for a fucking reason.

So yes I would love to see another inspired take on Batman on the big screen. I would like a great team of filmmakers work on it and make something that can stand next to Nolan's take and not get blow away. Now duh I don't want this any time soon. Give it a break for about 10-15 years. Sadly we will get something much sooner then that. And I hope it's done well. I would love to see new and different.

Just go stick your head in the sand.
I firmly believe that they need to make the next Batman movie more in line with the Arkham games: more sci-fi-like and comic-booky. With more of the unrealistic villains: Freeze, Clayface, Croc, Riddler, etc. It can be done if the script is good. Freeze can be beautifully done as a tragic villain. It's just gonna take the proper mindset. As for Batman himself, I don't want him to be young like the Bale batman. I want an older Batman, like Keaton's age in Returns but maybe even older. Like age 42+. And with a maturely done Nightwing/Robin/Batgirl with little to no campiness.

lol honestly I don't really like any of that but at least you have something in mind. I could maybe go for some Batman Beyond type stuff tho.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Batman Begins was made for money. Nolan of course made a great peice of art but WB saw the $$$$$$

So yes I would love to see another inspired take on Batman on the big screen. I would like a great team of filmmakers to work on it and make something that can stand next to Nolan's take and not get blow away. Now duh I don't want this any time soon. Give it a break for about 10-15 years. Sadly we will get something much sooner then that. And I hope it's done well. I would love to see something new and different. There is still stuff that could be done worth watching.. if done right.

Just go stick your head in the sand. If the film turns out good I promise to let you know.
Ad hominem already? I didn't even know we were arguing.

David Cronenberg? :lol: :lol:

atilasantos wrote:David Cronenberg? :lol: :lol:
He hates the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I pick Rian Johnson.

BlairCo wrote:
atilasantos wrote:David Cronenberg? :lol: :lol:
He hates the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I pick Rian Johnson.

i agree blair. but if wb does indeed make a reboot in the not to distant future. imo he has some real talent. but i think im in the minority along with redsmile that wants a batman beyond and rian johnson could bring it to life.

the crimson elephant wrote:
BlairCo wrote: He hates the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I pick Rian Johnson.

i agree blair. but if wb does indeed make a reboot in the not to distant future. imo he has some real talent. but i think im in the minority along with redsmile that wants a batman beyond and rian johnson could bring it to life.
I wouldn't mind a Batman Beyond film, I'm still not gonna be as excited for Nolan's Trilogy until I've seen some worth being excited over.

I really wish they would give the project to one of these four:

Nicholas Winding Refn
Andrew Dominik
Rian Johnson
Neill Blomkamp

If none of them then Pete Travis is a very good choice as well.

David Yates or brad bird .