The next Batman should continue off Nolan's

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
So we know that Nolan is not making a fourth Batman, and its expected that the franchise will be "rebooted".

Don't you think it would be better if the next director used Nolan's trilogy as a base?

Assuming that TDKR ends with Batman alive and still working (certainly not guaranteed).

Now I understand that many of you would say that "the trilogy should stand alone" or something along those lines, and I get that, but just think about it.

Since there will inevitably be more Batman movies, would you really want to see an origin done again? Do you want more movies covering Batman's first encounter with the Joker or the creation of Two-Face?

Why not treat the series in a similar way to how authors treat comic books? The style, realism, writers, artists, etc all change, but the continuity of the previous works is not ignored. They assume that you know what has already happened and then tell new stories in the manner that they see fit.

I envision this as a 4th film in which Batman (new actor) has already established himself and achieved many things, the Joker begins already in jail, etc.

It should still be clearly a separate series within the same franchise, i.e., the visual style should be very different, and the supernatural should be introduced. Robin could make an appearance, etc.

I just really dont want the rehash that a reboot would entail. I want a new movie to move into new territory.

This same approach has been used in movies like Superman Returns and Ed Norton's Hulk.

NO.Nolan's holy trilogy should remain untouched. :batface: :goNF:

I'd rather a live-action interpretation similar to The Animated Series or the Nolan films on TV (maybe HBO which Warners owns). But, that is unlikely because the studio would make way more money doing movies than TV. :judge:

Mr. Caine wrote:NO.Nolan's holy trilogy should remain untouched. :batface: :goNF:
Did you even read my post? How would what I said "touch" nolan's trilogy? What does that even mean? Did I say that something about Nolan's films should be changed? You're answer makes no sense.
MagnarTheGreat wrote:I'd rather a live-action interpretation similar to The Animated Series or the Nolan films on TV (maybe HBO which Warners owns). But, that is unlikely because the studio would make way more money doing movies than TV. :judge:
It's funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing. Honestly just about any source material would be optimally served by an HBO series, just because it allows for any required length and content, but I don't think that HBO could support the required budget.
Last edited by chee on May 26th, 2011, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:I'd rather a live-action interpretation similar to The Animated Series or the Nolan films on TV (maybe HBO which Warners owns). But, that is unlikely because the studio would make way more money doing movies than TV. :judge:
Honeslty, I would really like a show about Batman, could be nice.

But as they really want to reboot the series :roll: I hope it will be something all new and that has nothing to do with Nolan's trilogy.

Btw, your post is interesting but it should be in another thread I think ;)

Wrong sub-forum for this thread.
Besides, the discussion is already going in some of the other threads concerning a continuation of the Batman films.

nolans batman trilogy should just end after this one, some of us may want a sequel after seeing it, but after a while we should get used to it

for years i wanted a sequel to terminator 2 and so did so many other people, look how that turned out

so yes i hope this trilogy will get to rest and remain untouched like all the other great trilogy out there such as back to the future

I get the feeling that TDKR will end in such a way to make a direct sequel kind of impossible. :P
Anyway, I think that, even if there is no direct continuity between the Nolan trilogy and the reboot, they will skip the origin story and they won't use the villains that have already appeared in Nolan's films. That would be extremely repetitive and they'll probably want to avoid too many comparisons between the two "series".

I think that the next 'Batman' should be a television show like on HBO. Except that it should use or have inspiration from Nolan's dark and realistic (and not to forget wonderful) trilogy. But be unique in it's own way.

A HBO TV show would be amazing. Especially if Jonah Nolan wrote it. 8-)
Too bad he's going to be quite busy with Person of Interest.