The next Batman should continue off Nolan's

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Addicted2Movies wrote:That's good news to me. Imo, the only way this next reboot of Batman can be successful is if it drastically differentiates itself from Nolan's Batman. Mr. Freeze or Clayface would make awesome villains in a stylized Batman film. I'd love to see Jeff Bridges in the Mr. Freeze role.

manbat would be a Dr. Connors type of villain, and if it works in this new spiderman movie without ruining the gritty tone of the film, I'm sure it could work for the Batman reboot

and then the film would be grounded by a realistic serial killer called the riddler.

NO,Nolan's work should be left untouched.

The next Batman movie(if they make it) should have Deathstroke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathstroke played by either Pierce Brosnan or Ron Pearlman.If not,then they should make a movie on either Scott Snyder's current Batman run(Court of Owls/Talon),or Morrison's Batman(Black Glove/Doctor Hurt).

I have no desire to see Riddler,Freeze,Croc,Man-Bat or some other freak again.

No matter how gritty and realistic they make the next Batman, it won't fit into the Nolan-Batverse unless it have something more than just a story.
BB is about psychology and phobia. And ideals.
TDK is about society and the War on Terror. And truth and lies.

Nolan's Batman movies are unprecedented because they're Superhero movies that made us think even after leaving the theater. They're not just gritty stories, they're something more.

If there was another Batman movie after The Dark Knight Rises, I would either like a Batman Beyond one or a Nightwing solo movie. The Nightwing movie wouldn't be associated with Batman. Dick Grayson would just be inspired to become a hero after his parent's death.

How could it? this third movie ends the story. Bruce is old, Bane is his ultimate challenge.

Mason wrote:
Fassbender would be a terrible Batman, but would make a good Bruce Wayne.

Lynn wrote:A HBO TV show would be amazing. Especially if Jonah Nolan wrote it. 8-)
Too bad he's going to be quite busy with Person of Interest.
Why does it need to be on HBO? Honestly, I don't think I would be interested in watching a Batman show that wasn't appropriate for network or cable television. There is no need for nudity, violence beyond anything we've seen in TDK, or language that can't be heard on, say, AMC or NBC.

I love The Sopranos and Game of Thrones, but in those programs the mature elements are necessary. I would love to see Jonah Nolan as a showrunner, or Damon Lindelof. I love Lost and and to a lesser extent Person of Interest.
Red Hood wrote:he Nightwing movie wouldn't be associated with Batman. Dick Grayson would just be inspired to become a hero after his parent's death.
So... A Batman movie?

Falcone wrote:
Red Hood wrote:he Nightwing movie wouldn't be associated with Batman. Dick Grayson would just be inspired to become a hero after his parent's death.
So... A Batman movie?
Not too similar. I thought of some ideas for it overnight. It will be in the Nolan universe but I'm not sure if he would direct it. Dick will have an origin very similar to the comic book one. He will be in the circus and his parents will die from a trapeze accident caused by Falcone's men. Previously he placed a ransom on his parents. Dick is then taken into St. Swithin's Home For Boys. Years pass and he grows up to become a police officer. He is part of an operation called "NIGHTWING". Ever since
Batman's retirement
, they've been looking for the next one. They believe it is Dick Grayson. He goes through intense training of combat, strength, and stamina. He also gets tools from the GCPD. He then takes down criminals such as Black Mask and Saiko, the man who Falcone paid to kill his parents.

Falcone wrote:
Lynn wrote:A HBO TV show would be amazing. Especially if Jonah Nolan wrote it. 8-)
Too bad he's going to be quite busy with Person of Interest.
Why does it need to be on HBO? Honestly, I don't think I would be interested in watching a Batman show that wasn't appropriate for network or cable television. There is no need for nudity, violence beyond anything we've seen in TDK, or language that can't be heard on, say, AMC or NBC.

I love The Sopranos and Game of Thrones, but in those programs the mature elements are necessary. I would love to see Jonah Nolan as a showrunner, or Damon Lindelof. I love Lost and and to a lesser extent Person of Interest.
I mentioned HBO because natalie had mentioned it in the previous post, but I was thinking about it more in terms of quality than in terms of "mature" content. HBO has produced some very well-crafted shows/movies, and I'd like a hypothetycal Batman show to be realized with the same "care".
That said, I totally agree with you. I really dislike gratuitous and exaggerated violence/sex/language, and I couldn't watch a Batman show similar to "Game of Thrones" in terms of that kind of content - just like I can't bring myself to watch "Game of Thrones" even if it sounds so incredibly interesting.

Mason wrote: Fassbender would be a terrible Batman, but would make a good Bruce Wayne.
He doesn't match for either part. Plus, not to be mean, but...the guy looks pretty old for 35. If WB wanted a reboot+origin story, they should probably stick with someone who's in their early 30s and can play young, like how Bale did for Batman Begins.

If a reboot is to happen, I want the Court of Owls to have their on screen debut as the villains.