Nolan set to produce "Batman 4"

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
anonymity wrote:
MrBatman wrote: Not True.
I can't say I'm excited about Steve Jablonsky if it's accurate that he is doing the score. But there are great composers out there other than Hans Zimmer.
Attic Ross and many more could do it.I'm fine if Steve does it.He's score from TF has elements that could be in a Batman film.
If they would make Batman in the Future it would fit perfectly.

1) I doubt Nolan would stick around to produce something like that. Soon the creativity will be drained, and Nolan won't be able to contribute anymore.
2) Warner Bros might actually push forward with a reboot, since they lost one of their biggest franchises (Harry Potter).
3) However, if TDKR ends the trilogy with a bang, the possibilities of a reboot will decrease, since there will be absolutely no reason to reboot and earn nearly as much money. For example, Raimi's Spider-Man 3 came to an unsatisfying ending, and even though it earned a significant amount of money, people wanted more, because they thought a reboot might be better than the third installment.
4) Studios want money, but won't they be scared that the HUGE Nolan fanbase would boycott a reboot? Thus not earning nearly as much money as Nolan's Batman.

Just my two cents.

There will be a reboot, trust me.
It will be used to make way for Justice League movie. But that would suck big time like Iron Man 2.
gib sigs

Whether we all like it or not, there will be a reboot. Dont get me wrong, I dont like the idea, but we sadly have no say here. My biggest problem is with when they want to reboot it. 2014/2015. WTF! Let THIS Batman trilogy sink in with people and over time it will be known as one of the greatest. I want a reboot no earlier than 2020, and even that is the earliest I would not complain. I really hope Man of Steel is a success, because if it is they can just work on sequel of that for a decade and hopefully let Batman get the rest he deserves.

BlackBird wrote:Christopher Nolan needs to release himself from the influence of WB. These birds of prey are going to steal his soul if he stays with them.
A new Batman, just after the end of his trilogy? This is an insult! :brick:
Syncopy Productions needs to grow fast so that Nolan can realize what he wants.
I agree with absolutely every word you said. Either that, or Nolan should just take over WB and rename it Nolan bros lol.
Hey, the guy has given WB so much money, I bet if he actually proposed that they would have a meeting about it

ComptonTerry wrote:
BlackBird wrote:Christopher Nolan needs to release himself from the influence of WB. These birds of prey are going to steal his soul if he stays with them.
A new Batman, just after the end of his trilogy? This is an insult! :brick:
Syncopy Productions needs to grow fast so that Nolan can realize what he wants.
I agree with absolutely every word you said. Either that, or Nolan should just take over WB and rename it Nolan bros lol.
Hey, the guy has given WB so much money, I bet if he actually proposed that they would have a meeting about it
Why there isn't Like button?
gib sigs

whats so bad about a reboot?

mchekhov wrote:whats so bad about a reboot?
I think its the fact that we have finally had a good Batman Trilogy that has very little flaws overall that just kicked ass, and when you say "Reboot" it does bring up the scary possibility of what if the next director sucks and takes Batman back to the Schumacher days and makes it all a joke again. It doesn't even have to be that bad to become a joke again really. Its definitely possible. Personally, I know there will be a reboot so I'm looking on the positive, my problem is them trying to do it too soon. This trilogy needs the right amount of time (at least 10 years) to sink in. So I am just hoping that Man of Steel is a great success so that they can at least focus on Superman for a decade. Also other projects, such as Green Lantern being a terrible FAIL, so reboot that. Usually you reboot whats been broken, not what has worked out perfectly. They also need to take there time with it too. If they really feel they need to reboot Batman ever single decade than its going to turn to sh** really fast. They need to get a good director, and him and who ever he works with needs to really take there time and not feel pressure to release a Batman movie ever 2 years or so.

Essentially I know there will be a reboot at some point so I'm looking on the bright side for it, but they better give this trilogy the respect it deserves and wait till the 2020's. In all honestly tho, I wouldn't really care if TDKRises was the last CBM on earth. I think besides Nolan's Batman trilogy and the original 2 X Men (Bryan Singer X Men) and maybe the first Iron Man, this whole genre that has come up since 2000 has been a complete failure. There just ruining comics for the most part. I am (somewhat) excited to see what Nolan and Goyer have done with Superman, and even the Spiderman reboot looks like its at least going to be good unlike the last trilogy (I really never liked Raimi's Spiderman) but in the end I don't really care much about them. I probably care more about Man of Steel than Amazing Spiderman at this point because of Nolan and that only. All that being said, it really wouldn't bother me if Rises was the last superhero/CBM made.......EVER!

ComptonTerry wrote:
mchekhov wrote:whats so bad about a reboot?
I think its the fact that we have finally had a good Batman Trilogy that has very little flaws overall that just kicked ass, and when you say "Reboot" it does bring up the scary possibility of what if the next director sucks and takes Batman back to the Schumacher days and makes it all a joke again. It doesn't even have to be that bad to become a joke again really. Its definitely possible. Personally, I know there will be a reboot so I'm looking on the positive, my problem is them trying to do it too soon. This trilogy needs the right amount of time (at least 10 years) to sink in. So I am just hoping that Man of Steel is a great success so that they can at least focus on Superman for a decade. Also other projects, such as Green Lantern being a terrible FAIL, so reboot that. Usually you reboot whats been broken, not what has worked out perfectly. They also need to take there time with it too. If they really feel they need to reboot Batman ever single decade than its going to turn to sh** really fast. They need to get a good director, and him and who ever he works with needs to really take there time and not feel pressure to release a Batman movie ever 2 years or so.

but how would any of that change what the 3 Nolan movies did? they already exist...theyre fixed in time and space...what happens after is irrelevant to them

so once again, does anybody have a legitimate reason against a reboot? one that is outside of silly idolization of Nolan's work?