Nolan's Third Original Masterpiece?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
gmoney wrote:
NMaudlin wrote:It somewhat echoes the call for a sci-fi epic, but I'd love to see a Nolan take on time travel. He's already demonstrated a strong grasp of time as a theme in "Memento" and tackled some abstract sci-fi questions in Inception. I think he could create a really compelling time travel story that would turn the whole sub-genre on its head.

please no. time travel is really very dumb. I'm sure Nolan could do something cool with it, but it would be a waste of his time. And the time travel would just serve to create a mindf**k situation, which everyone would be suspecting from the start. There are many better, less retarded things that Nolan could do. And after Inception, Memento, and The Prestige, the last thing that Nolan needs is another gimmick centric movie. Not that those aren't all awesome movies, I love all three of them.
Watch Primer.

Now.

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:
gmoney wrote:please no. time travel is really very dumb.
Yeah, and things like people taking advantage of their mental disabilities to fool themselves into having something to live for, an electric current machine that clones you, a briefcase that allows you to mess with people's heads while asleep, and a guy dressing up like a rodent flying around a city in a rubber suit are all completely sane. :|
Bats aren't rodents, Dr. Meridian.

I would like to see Nolan´s take on the "Falling down" theme, as the movie started out, not ended. Just the idea of a regular guy, who completely snaps, but taken to more of an extreme.

james.salinas wrote:
Bats aren't rodents, Dr. Meridian.
Yes they are. I can f***ing prove it.

I would really like Nolan to do something in the vein of the 'The Man With No Name' trilogy. Nolan doing his own western is something I would really look forward.

I might be the only one out here that thinks this. But I think that Nolan could actually do a great romance film with the right casting.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:I might be the only one out here that thinks this. But I think that Nolan could actually do a great romance film with the right casting.
You're not the only one.

Some sort of action film.

Christopher Nolan actually gave Jonathan Nolan the idea for Memento Mori, meaning the film and book were both his idea originally. So technically that's an original film of his even though it's not 100% his idea, and it's definitely a masterpiece.

Am new here, first post!

But I wanted to say that I'd like to see Nolan make a philosophical film(though nearly all of his movies would fit that category) that tackles the ideas of a possible God, the meaning of life, is there life after death, etc. Sure, it would create a lot of controversy, but I'd very interested to see Nolan's thoughts on these subjects.