Nolan's Third Original Masterpiece?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
If he wanted to do something really unique he could attempt a silent film. When you think about it, it sounds very Nolan. He always pushes the envelope in story telling and narrative structure. Attempting a silent film might be the sort of challenge he needs haha.

Addicted2Movies wrote:If he wanted to do something really unique he could attempt a silent film. When you think about it, it sounds very Nolan. He always pushes the envelope in story telling and narrative structure. Attempting a silent film might be the sort of challenge he needs haha.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:If he wanted to do something really unique he could attempt a silent film. When you think about it, it sounds very Nolan. He always pushes the envelope in story telling and narrative structure. Attempting a silent film might be the sort of challenge he needs haha.
Haha it's my newbie attempt at clever humor. Of course I don't seriously believe that Nolan would make a silent film. However, let's take a look at a few of Nolan's previous original films.
1. Memento-story told through two separate plot strings; one black and white in chronological order, the other in color but in reverse chronological order.
2. Prestige-the plot is not cluttered but is all over the place and it can be confusing upon your first viewing to realize where you are in the chronological setting. Several sequences of sudden flashbacks or time setting changes.
3. Inception-dreams within dreams within dreams within dream.

How does Nolan top this? A SILENT FILM! Haha, once again, I'm kidding of course.

You know what I would really enjoy from him?

Two things: Hard science fiction. Something truly abstract and complex, dealing with space travel. A dystopian science fiction picture by him would be my dream picture.

The other, would be a period peace around very older eras. Rome or medieval, something around there.

I think he could deliver truly great things in those genres, especially the former, perhaps particularly so because he's such a big fan of the genre himself.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:You know what I would really enjoy from him?

Two things: Hard science fiction. Something truly abstract and complex, dealing with space travel. A dystopian science fiction picture by him would be my dream picture.

The other, would be a period peace around very older eras. Rome or medieval, something around there.

I think he could deliver truly great things in those genres, especially the former, perhaps particularly so because he's such a big fan of the genre himself.

-Vader
I agree. An epic science fiction film would be amazing.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Vader182 wrote:You know what I would really enjoy from him?

-Vader
I agree. An epic science fiction film would be amazing.
Yes very good...but can it be silent? Haha I'm joking.

DELUSIONAL

directed by
CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
with
ZAC EFRON as TALLI
and
ROONEY MARA as TALLI'S IMAGINARY GIRLFRIEND
cameo by
TOM HARDY as TALLI'S WET DREAM

Vader182 wrote:Hard science fiction. Something truly abstract and complex, dealing with space travel. A dystopian science fiction picture by him would be my dream picture.
-Vader
Oh. Hell. Yes.

Nolan's next film will be a journey to the edge of the universe and all the philosophical question raised in life... and once we get to the edge- Cut to black....

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Film starring Hopkins and Caine as bickering detectives.
:clap: