Nolan's Third Original Masterpiece?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
We all know Christopher Nolan has made 2 completely original feature films. Following and Inception, which he directed and written all himself. Him making a third would be a real head-exploding thought.
It's possible that it will come in atleast 6 years. All his films have very stong themes, Inception being the most diverse.
So far we really don't know what to expect, unless he follows the heist theme in the two films (which I'm sure most of us wouldn't want) then again, Nolan can 'pull-off' anything. Why not make another heist film. ;)

So what kind of ideas would you want Nolan to explore for his next 'original'?
Generally what would you actually want in this film?

I personally would want a film with a more epic scale than Inception if he can pull it off. Definately want it to be an action. Maybe a bit of a 'detective' theme. I wouldn't want him to work on a theme as huge as dreams, haven't really thought of anything yet.
Wow thinking ideas for a Nolan film that has to out-do the rest is a tough job lol :D

Help me get this thread rolling. The anticipation is killing me lol.
Last edited by Mindheist on March 9th, 2011, 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I would go as far as calling Memento original as well, If you have read the short-story you would see what I mean.
I wouldn't call Following a Masterpiece.

Well to be honest, I don't want it to be bigger scale. The qualities of a great director include the ability to tackle a variety of subjects. Nolan seems like a guy who is constantly growing, constantly learning from each film he makes, he should strive to keep that dynamic nature going. Another big scale actioner would be good, but let's put it off for a few more years and see what he can do with something different.

I want to see something in between the steady yet thrilling nature of The Prestige and the high-octane, charged up Inception. I've always wanted a Nolan film that deals with schizophrenia, there is so much to discuss there. If he could create an original story that has this idea as the central theme, it would be so beyond amazing.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I want him to make an original sci-fi in space. Will be something between 2001 and Star Wars.

Eternal-Fighter wrote:I want him to make an original sci-fi in space. Will be something between 2001 and Star Wars.
Like a massive action piece "Star Trek" like or a kind of contained film like "Moon"?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Neither Inception or Following are masterpieces in my opinion.

Cilogy wrote:
Eternal-Fighter wrote:I want him to make an original sci-fi in space. Will be something between 2001 and Star Wars.
Like a massive action piece "Star Trek" like or a kind of contained film like "Moon"?
Moon but on a bigger scale.

Jonas Agersø wrote:I would go as far as calling Memento original as well, If you have read the short-story you would see what I mean.
Yeah, the two are extremely different. I'm actually studying Memento Mori (the short story) in English class right now... gave my teacher an excuse to have us watch Memento in class ^_^

I don't want to try to think about his next original film, I just want to have my mind blown by something I would never have thought of.

A science fiction Epic in a futuristic fictional city or a science fiction epic in space like Sunshine but on an even bigger scale.

I'd like to see him do a period piece again, like The Prestige <3 I think he's perfect for the Victorian era, but then again, he already did that :(