Nolan's Third Original Masterpiece?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Cilogy wrote:
Eternal-Fighter wrote:I want him to make an original sci-fi in space. Will be something between 2001 and Star Wars.
Like a massive action piece "Star Trek" like or a kind of contained film like "Moon"?
I'd go for a Moon-kind of film.. but unfortunately mr. Nolan seems to prefer bigger action movies these days rather than fascinating small budget psycho-noir flicks.
ballet_ag wrote: Yeah, the two are extremely different. I'm actually studying Memento Mori (the short story) in English class right now... gave my teacher an excuse to have us watch Memento in class ^_^
you rock :D :twothumbsup:
ballet_ag wrote: I don't want to try to think about his next original film, I just want to have my mind blown by something I would never have thought of.
that's right. To me it doesn't matter if it's a comic book, a novel, a biopic... if we see other Memento, The Dark Knight or The Prestige, I'm satisfied as well.
Let's think about Stanley Kubrick, whose brilliant career was built on non-original movies.

A re-imagining of The Black Hole would be most welcomed.

Tron 3.
So its a game inside of another game inside of another game, 3 levels.
"So many games inside games is too unstable"

My account became Incepted.

A viking Epic
I also like the idea of thriller 1930's

Its only kind of original, but how about a historical drama about the lives and rivalry of Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. That could be fascinating and it has hints of the Prestige in it.

Chris is going to take a looooonnng break after TDKR .... maybe for a year before even he even thinks about making/ writer a film

Z. Cobb wrote:Chris is going to take a looooonnng break after TDKR .... maybe for a year before even he even thinks about making/ writer a film
Thanks Emma.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:Chris is going to take a looooonnng break after TDKR .... maybe for a year before even he even thinks about making/ writer a film
Thanks Emma.
Thanks crazy that literally made me laugh out loud.

Film starring Hopkins and Caine as bickering detectives.