Detective Gordon

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I think if future movies are pursued by the studio, they should make Gordon the main focus of the story, making Batman more of a secondary character. And we all know Chris always leaves his movies with a hint of a possible future storyline, so it'd be cool if it leaves us with something to expect from his character

Highly unlikely.

:wtf:

Batman, in a Batman movie, as a supporting character... sure Talli.

And people, seriously, cut it out with the "This might not be the last film in Nolan's Batman universe" crap. How many times does Nolan have to tell you that this will be the final film in the franchise for you to listen? The man's blatantly said it several times... do you want him to spell it out for you or say it slowly several times?

Who the hell would go to see a Batman movie because of Lt. Gordon? That movie would be a huge flop.

That sounds more like a fifteen-minute cartoon plot. Which I wouldn't mind seeing that. Imagine Gordon investigating a crime and following the evidence left by Batman and piecing together the crime from those clues. During the short cartoon Gordon would monologue, like the old-fashioned crime movies "There was a Dark Knight in the Narrows, and it is up to me to illuminate what was found there"

I don't see the studio touching Batman for a while. Maybe in ten years (give or take a few years) they will approach Nolan and ask him to make another if he declines they will find another director and make millions from releasing a Blu-ray special edition boxset of the Nolan trilogy before the next movie.

JUSTIN time wrote:they will approach Nolan and ask him to make another if he declines
:facepalm:

talli wrote:I think if future movies are pursued by the studio, they should make Gordon the main focus of the story, making Batman more of a secondary character. And we all know Chris always leaves his movies with a hint of a possible future storyline, so it'd be cool if it leaves us with something to expect from his character
I actually agree. Gordon can be quite a fascinating character. Only if Batman wasn't in it. If he dies in TDKR i will be all for it.

Crazy Eight wrote::wtf:

Batman, in a Batman movie, as a supporting character... sure Talli.

And people, seriously, cut it out with the "This might not be the last film in Nolan's Batman universe" crap. How many times does Nolan have to tell you that this will be the final film in the franchise for you to listen? The man's blatantly said it several times... do you want him to spell it out for you or say it slowly several times?

i never said anything about another nolan batman film....but another director can come in and pick it up from where it left off

Dumbest idea I have ever heard this would only come from someone who wants to have Gary Oldman's babies.