A Nolan Comedy

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I just say...great directors can make miraculous movies with a less budget 'cause they don't have the pressure from the big studios whom sometimes just F... up the movies in the name of the Box office.
Only has the pressure to make the movie works indeed.
I believe in God and Christopher Nolan so he can make wathever he wants 'cause I be there in first row to see it.

talli wrote:I think after tackling Batman 3, he should definitely make a comedy, and turn that genre upside its head.
Well if he was able to put the superhero genre and twist it (like what he did in TDK) he could do something similar with a comedy

I think it would be a good comedy if nolan will make it.
but i still think he dont make comedy,that's not his style of making films.

Just say that Chritopher Nolan and happiness don't came along.

I could see him make a Coen Brothers-esque comedy. Or he could adapt a Brett Easton Ellis novel.

akv1984 wrote:I could see him make a Coen Brothers-esque comedy. Or he could adapt a Brett Easton Ellis novel.
It could be the only way. And call Christian Bale to starring in. :D

Have you guys read or listened to some Nolan interviews? He's actually pretty funny at times. :)

Most of the humorous stuff in Nolan's movies is derived from irony or is humorous in a darker sort of way. I think that could make for some interesting comedic fodder in a comedy film.

natalie wrote:
akv1984 wrote:I could see him make a Coen Brothers-esque comedy. Or he could adapt a Brett Easton Ellis novel.
It could be the only way. And call Christian Bale to starring in. :D
Yes! Bale would be awesome!
chee wrote:Have you guys read or listened to some Nolan interviews? He's actually pretty funny at times. :)
He is! He has an amazing sense of humor. I remember reading the transcript of the BD live event and someone asked how he go a hold of the amazing Anthony Michael Hall. Nolan responded with ,"Why thank you Anthony Michael Hall's mother!"
He showed his humor in that event.
Eternalist wrote:Most of the humorous stuff in Nolan's movies is derived from irony or is humorous in a darker sort of way. I think that could make for some interesting comedic fodder in a comedy film.
That is very true!

Putting Christian Bale in a Nolan comedy would be genius. Especially since Bale is getting typecasted lately.