Christopher Nolan Western

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
With a cast of Cillian Murphy, Jeremy Renner, Michael Caine and Josh Brolin.
Written for the screen and directed by Christopher Nolan.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:With a cast of Cillian Murphy, Jeremy Renner, Michael Caine and Josh Brolin.
Written for the screen and directed by Christopher Nolan.
hahahahahahaha not a bad idea but I would like to see someone more unique then Brolin... maybe Phillip Seymour Hoffman or Robert Downey Jr.

Yes Robert Downey Jr. in a Chris Nolan western would be awesome!

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Yes Robert Downey Jr. in a Chris Nolan western would be awesome!
As long as Cillian is very firmly the emotional center of the story.

allstarr55js wrote:As long as Cillian is very firmly the emotional center of the story.
Yes Cillian and Jeremy will be co leads. Robert will be playing the main villian in more of a supporting role but still a big part. It is also good to have some Michael Caine in there somewhere.

Maybe Cillian could wear a leather bag this time? :think:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

A Western with RDJ and Cillian Murphy in the leads just makes my mind EXPLODE.

Do it, Nolan. :JGLface:

chee wrote:A Western with RDJ and Cillian Murphy in the leads just makes my mind EXPLODE.

Do it, Nolan. :JGLface:
throw in jeff bridges. then talk about mind blowing epicness!
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

I'd love to see Nolan tackle the Western genre. I won't fantasize about the cast, but It'd be cool if he were to make a Western after The Dark Knight Rises. But I seriously doubt it'll ever happen. :(

yeah ... westerns have sort of died out... you do get one or two every now and again but they tend to me remakes. Also I don't think it'll fit into Nolan's style. He'll probably do a good job but there is so much cliche with westerns. Sergio Leone, love his westerns of course. I'd rather Nolan do a psychological horror or do another gritty drama/sci fi.