The Gary Oldman-case

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
All of us heard the Gary Oldman-comment on Batman 3, and here's another video from Comic-Con. At the end of the interview the reporter asks Oldman about the former comment he made on the film, and he answers something interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_PzJoCJ9xk

I mean, he answers that he's in it anyway, because he loves Batman, loves the company and loves Chris Nolan. Could that mean that he heard that Chris Nolan is doing it? Or maybe all of that stuff is just a big lie? :D

Well from that it dosen't sound like he's being coy. I think he's simply telling the truth, that will start shooting next year.
It would have to be in the autum mind because of Inception, but it sounds logical to me as the actors are all big names and thats when they are all availible to me.
But that's where X-Men 3 went wrong when they rushed it, because the cast would be only be able to do it at a certain time or their contracts were due to expire.

Oldman later stated that the next Batman may be 2-3 years away, in essence, he jumped the gun. I think the statement is more in relation to the fact that him (I think) and the other actors such as Bale are on contract for three films. I don't believe this is any sort of confirmation, I'll believe it when there's an official announcement regarding the next Batman film.

Eternalist wrote:Oldman later stated that the next Batman may be 2-3 years away, in essence, he jumped the gun. I think the statement is more in relation to the fact that him (I think) and the other actors such as Bale are on contract for three films. I don't believe this is any sort of confirmation, I'll believe it when there's an official announcement regarding the next Batman film.
Yeah, you're right, maybe that whole thing isn't a confirmation at all. I mean maybe this little information that Oldman told to the audience was pretty obvious to everyone else between the other actors and filmmakers.

But the main thing I wanted to emphasize is that Oldman made a reference that maybe Nolan is doing it. What do you think about that?

I think it's like David Goyer said, right now Nolan is filming Inception, after that he'll think about the next Batman film. Personally, I truly do think that Nolan will make a third and I believe that the writers will come out with a script that interests him. As you stated, many of the actors believe he will return and that gives me hope. But, for now it can go either way with Nolan deciding to return or deciding to leave. We just have to give it time.

It just reinforces that Oldman jumped the gun and he's trying to cover himself. Really, I think we should wait until Nolan's finished Inception and then we can talk about the next Batman. WB is willing to wait for Nolan, they weren't willing to wait for Burton OR Schumacher so that shows that they REALLY want him back, and they'll pull out all the stops to get him back.

Eternalist wrote:I think it's like David Goyer said, right now Nolan is filming Inception, after that he'll think about the next Batman film. Personally, I truly do think that Nolan will make a third and I believe that the writers will come out with a script that interests him. As you stated, many of the actors believe he will return and that gives me hope. But, for now it can go either way with Nolan deciding to return or deciding to leave. We just have to give it time.
I couldn't agree more.