What actors do you wish Nolan would work with in the future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I would like to see him work with Paul Giamatti or John Turturro. I think they are both underrated actors who have put together great performances in lead roles and could do awesome things in a Nolan movie.

michael fassbender, my new favorite up and coming actor

theweatherman wrote:... or John Turturro. I think they are both underrated actors...
You don't think of Transformers 2, do you? :D

Turturro was my third favorite part of the Transformers movies (Following Megan Fox and the awesome transforming robots). And if you doubt his acting skill I would ask you to watch Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing or even his guest appearances on Monk (which I believe were emmy winning). But for me even in Transformers he played his part well despite how odd that character was. I also believe he would be a great candidate for the part of the Riddler in the next Batman movie.

theweatherman wrote:Turturro was my third favorite part of the Transformers movies (Following Megan Fox and the awesome transforming robots). And if you doubt his acting skill I would ask you to watch Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing or even his guest appearances on Monk (which I believe were emmy winning). But for me even in Transformers he played his part well despite how odd that character was. I also believe he would be a great candidate for the part of the Riddler in the next Batman movie.
Of course he's a good actor (though I don't think he would be a good choice for the Riddler), but that role in Transformers, especially in Transformers 2... it was god-awful :D

My theory with that is don't blame the actor for the role he plays. The character may have been lame and annoying, but he pulled off that lame and annoying character.

theweatherman wrote:My theory with that is don't blame the actor for the role he plays. The character may have been lame and annoying, but he pulled off that lame and annoying character.

i agree

you gotta discern between hating the character, and hating the acting

i think he was probably the best part about transformers 2

After TDK, I wanted Nolan to work with Leonardo DiCaprio (frankly I think he's one of the most talented actors there is) and well what do you know, Inception stars Leo :D

I really wish Nolan and Leo have the same kind of 'partnership' that Bale and Nolan or Leo and Scorsese for that matter seems to have :D

Bill Nighy...another incredible British actor that Nolan could do damage with. All of his characters leave a lasting impression from their physicality to their accents and delivery. He can do real people and fantasy figures like Davy Jones in Pirates 2 and 3, and Viktor in Underworld

Johnny Depp, James McCavon, Daniel Day Lewis, Joseph Levitt Gordon, Tom Hardy, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox