What actors do you wish Nolan would work with in the future?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Fassbender is a "modern star"?

LelekPL wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 1:29 pm
It's not so shocking if you consider he only made 10 films. You can't make films with every actor, especially newcomers like Daniel Kaluuya. You might have a point with names like De Niro, DDL, Crowe or Pitt who are Hollywood royalty, or even modern stars like Gosling or Fassbender. But a lot of these names are just good actors that he didn't have a chance to work with. There's nothing surprising about it.
Funny you should mention Gosling. I think he might have a good shot of leading the next one. Nolan loved La La Land. His schedule is free as well.

Jack Black. no explanation needed.

I would love to see a Nolan Movie in full blown IMAX with Tom Cruise stuntwork :shock:

Forum Pro
Law
MorenoVL wrote:
December 8th, 2018, 2:37 pm
I would love to see a Nolan Movie in full blown IMAX with Tom Cruise stuntwork :shock:
damn... just the thought of that

MorenoVL wrote:
Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Keanu Reeves in IMAX

MorenoVL wrote:
Especially because then we could have a Tom Cruise IMAX action film where the action is actually good #flameon

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 7:14 am
MorenoVL wrote:
Especially because then we could have a Tom Cruise IMAX action film where the action is actually good #flameon
huh?

Michaelf2225 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:14 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 7:14 am
MorenoVL wrote:
huh?
I have to be honest, I didn't really like MI Fallout... and the action for me was quite underwhelming. I'm not trying to sound snobbish - it's always ridiculous to see average movie-goers pick apart films made by professionals - but to me several of those chases scenes, the Paris scene, the helicopter chase... it just fell flat for me. The bathroom fight scene was amazing, but that's it. They just lacked the rythm, lacked the momentum - I should re-watch the film, I'm sure, but I wasn't blown away by what I've seen.

The idea of a Nolan/Cruise movie is too insane to think about, haha. That would be bananas.

But - I strongly suspect Nolan isn't a fan of Cruise. Cruise's mid-life crisis while dating Katie Holmes in 2005 nearly sabotaged Batman Begins' thunder. Plus Cruise didn't let her return for The Dark Knight. She starred in Mad Money in 2008 instead and Nolan had to re-cast Rachel Dawes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

That lack of actress continuity with Rachel still really bothers me to this day. It's an imperfect trilogy because of that.