Hi everyone. As it is my first post here so I’d like to greet all NolanFans!
I was regulary reading this forum and now I decided to register and write sth from myself. Here is my wishlist of what Nolan could do next. It’s only a wishlist, butin the past it happened few times that Nolan did movie exactly I wanted to see. Time travel (Interstellar), engineering behind Illusionists/Magicians (The Prestige), Batman (TDK trilogy), reality of dreams (Inception) so maybe this time he will fulfill my wishlist
In some cases I add some arguments trying to convince - mostly convince myself – that it is possible.
UBIK – movie based on science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick.
Nolan already filmed one adaptation creating The Prestige, so why not another one. And Dick is next to Stephen King one of most popular authors in Hollywood.
Any arguments why it’s possible….
1. The most important – There is dead wife! Or actually half-dead. It’s not a spoiler of the novel. You can read it in the first chapter… probably also in short description of the book. As we know in almost every Nolan’s movie there is dead wife/girlfriend/life-partner and in Ubik dead wife is very important point of plot.
2. Genre science-fiction. Definitely favourite Nolan genre… most of his movies are science fiction (Interstellar, Inception) or at least partly science fiction movies (TDK Trilogy, The Prestige).
3. One of few themes of book is: Difference between objective reality and reality as creation of human mind. And Nolan seems to love this theme. Inception deals with dreams reality created by sleeping mind; Memento deals with false reality created by mind to find purpose of life, The Prestige deals with topic how to manipulate peoples mind to change their way of perception of reality, Interstellar ask the questions about higher dimension reality… Following, TDK trilogy and Dunkirk also touch the topic of how people create their own reality with lies, opinions, statements etc. Ubik is bit similliar to Inception. From one hand it would be interesting for Nolan topic, from another hand… a bit repetitive.
4. Time. We all know Nolan loves to play with time. Almost all his movies prove it. And Ubik would give him another chance to play with time. It would be amazing to see how not the person travels in time…. But the whole world that surrounds the person. Nolan would be THE MAN to show it on the screen.
5. Philip K. Dick. We know Nolan is fan of Blade Runner which is based on another Dick’s work. So why not adapt Dick’s novel that will beat Blade Runner in same way as Interstellat beat Space Odyssey, TDK trilogy beats previous Batman movies and Dunkirk show absolutely new face of War Movies?
6. Challenge. Some already tried to make movie out of Ubik. Michel Gondry is one of them. He said: "The book is brilliant,", "but it's good as a literary work. Having tried to adapt it with several screenwriters... at the moment I don't feel up to doing it. It doesn't have the dramatic structure that would make it a good film. I received a script that disheartened me a bit, and that was it. It was a dream, but in life you can't always have what you want." So… Mr. Nolan… time to prove You can do what noone else can
Doodlebug (Microverse, Multiverse or Parallel Universes movie)
Personally I love this short movie of Nolan. I’d like to believe that one of it’s interpretation can be a crazy theory that I share That our whole known universe is a quark of atom of other universe... or... what if every atom which build our body consist of many universes? Here is my Video that is a visualisation of the concept of the multiverse in a single atom of other multiverse: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggw9WLkn78A
I am dreaming to see finally a movie that deals with this theory. If not that… at least sth with paraller universes, multiverse, quantum realities etc. Sth like Coherence https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2866360/
(one of my favourite movies) but done with big budget, full of action, visual effects. Coherence done as blockbuster
I know it’s almost impossible, but I dream it would happen one day as I’m big fan of MK. Behind simply bloody gore fight game there is an amazing mythology with great characters. I think MK is material for really good world-building franchise movies. James Wan is producer. Well… Warner bros has a bit difficult moment with few bombs in box office lately. But there are two golden boys who bring money to Warner Bros whatever they touch… Christopher Nolan and exactly James Wan. The second one share his doubts about creating MK movie here… https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/mor ... ack-burner
. Well… my opinion. If You don’t know where is problem, problem is money. MK done good, means MK done with a lot of money and for sure it is big risk to give a lot of money for Mortal Kombat when You see two other movies that adapted the game. One was more or less average and one was a disaster. So what would make the risk smaller? Creators that gives guarantee of both quality and box office income. Duo Wan Nolan would be my dream team. Wan as producer and co-writer (he is fan of the game) and Nolan as producer-writer-director. Something between sci-fi and fantasy genre. Wan would provide great adaptation of mythology and Nolan would give a semi-reality character as he did with Batman. Great combination. Here is my fan made trailer of new MK movie [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9yyAjh5YjA
Horror Movie with…. Scooby Doo twist style:)
Don’t get me wrong… I don’t wanna see Scooby Doo movie made by Nolan. I would like to see a movie that looks like paranormal horror, but in the end all paranormal activities are explained as invention of some villain character. His master plan. Creation of engineering. As Illusion in The Prestige I just creation of a man, also paranormal activites are just a game of sick human mind. Dunkirk proved than Nolan can make a great thrilling horror movie. SO next step is horror itself