Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I’ll see anything Nolan puts out, Hughes biopic, you name it. But if it’s gonna be an IP, I know the one I’m hoping for.

Most peculiar. I could definitely see Nolan doing an adaptation of a video game, but I feel like Splinter Cell compares mostly to Call of Duty and Battlefield and isn't really science fiction.

What's really interesting is that he made a military/war movie set in the past (Dunkirk), and this would be a modern day military/war movie set in the present with terrorism / war on terror.

Something else funny and random: I recall an interview with Jonathan Nolan back in the day where he said that Chris has played XBox with him and enjoys it, haha. :ninja:

Video games are the next big wave I think in blockbuster film adaptations. Is splinter cell too close to Bond? I’ve played it here and there years ago. Barely remember it though. I think Zelda has the most upside globally imho.

Ace
Syncopy has been on that page since at least 2012. (check the splinter cell topic on this forum).
Pretty much anyone can edit a page on it.
Syncopy was on the Bond 25 page last year which obviously never happened.
Also someone put Channing Tatum on the credits for Interstellar before that filmed.
Last edited by Ace on January 14th, 2019, 1:55 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ace wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 1:19 am
Synocopy has been on that page since at least 2012. (check the splinter cell topic on this forum).
Synocopy was on the Bond 25 page last year which obviously never happened.
Also someone put Channing Tatum on the credits for Interstellar before that filmed.
Good insights thank you. IMDB has to be taken with a grain of salt I guess. Unless it’s from the horse’s mouth(WB), we should be skeptical.

Ace wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 1:19 am
Syncopy has been on that page since at least 2012. (check the splinter cell topic on this forum).
Syncopy was on the Bond 25 page last year which obviously never happened.
thanks for the heads up. So, the wait continues.........

I think there's at least 5 things we can absolutely discard:

- Space movie
- War movie
- Superhero/comic book movie
- Video game movie
- Musical or comedy (based on his own words)

Everything else seems vaguely realistic.

It doesn't have to be a big sci-fi blockbuster for the movie to make a big splash in the news. A horror or action movie would be equally anticipated at this point, especially a horror films since it's not something he's ever done and it would be really exciting to see his talents in this genre.

For me these three genres (sci-fi, action and horror) would be equally anticipated from Nolan.