Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Well, Nolan ain't a dummy. He knows he's got to announce it soon.

This is like those moments at the end of rock concerts where the audience wants an encore. The band would be foolish not to come back on stage and do another one. They'll get booed, lol.

I hope he does something again with Bale. That would be exciting. Also Fionn Whitehead. I have a hunch Nolan had him in mind as an actor to work with again after Dunkirk.

whateva it is just announce it right now... i cant wait any longer

ANY TIME

This unannounced movie feels more special for some reason. I just get that vibe. I feel like the internet is going to go absolutely ballistic (not just this place, lol).

Does anyone feel like the whole Dunkirk "era" between 2015 and 2018 was kind of meh? Like, the thought of a WWII movie was kind of underwhelming. We knew what we were getting; not much to speculate or get hyped about. The movie is a masterpiece, of course (I saw it four times in theaters), but I don't know - I think the vibe is that we want something big to chew on, like a Westworld or an Inception/Memento/Prestige/Interstellar. Something original and exciting and headscratchy.

Angus wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:28 pm
This unannounced movie feels more special for some reason. I just get that vibe. I feel like the internet is going to go absolutely ballistic (not just this place, lol).

Does anyone feel like the whole Dunkirk "era" between 2015 and 2018 was kind of meh? Like, the thought of a WWII movie was kind of underwhelming. We knew what we were getting; not much to speculate or get hyped about. The movie is a masterpiece, of course (I saw it four times in theaters), but I don't know - I think the vibe is that we want something big to chew on, like a Westworld or an Inception/Memento/Prestige/Interstellar. Something original and exciting and headscratchy.
Jesus, I hope you're right.

Angus wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:28 pm

तेरे मुंह में घी शक्कर

Just keep an eye on Variety and Deadline Hollywood. 12pm eastern and 9am Pacific. That’s the time press releases usually break. Not saying today but in general. All this time of pre production time ensures the film will be gigantic imho. Can’t wait obviously.

William Blake wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 11:29 am
Just keep an eye on Variety and Deadline Hollywood. 12pm eastern and 9am Pacific. That’s the time press releases usually break. Not saying today but in general. All this time of pre production time ensures the film will be gigantic imho. Can’t wait obviously.
Very nice. But watch it be a Romcom or something underwhelming.

with this amount of time he's been writing (at least since last spring), it's safe to assume this is a completely new project and not one that's been in development eg. Hell and Gone, The Prisoner, Citizen Hughes