Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
karthiksac wrote:I am sure Nolan would consider doing a classic Western piece and redefining the genre (like Jonah's westworld?)
But Westworld is its own thing, anything remotely similar will appear a carbon copy. A full thrown western, though? I don't think he'd be up for that.

Sanchez wrote:I wouldn't really call Westworld a western piece in any sense of the word except that it serves as a backdrop for about 50% of the series. But sure I'd love to see Chris do a western movie.
I believe the correct word for that would be setting.

Though it is in-universe setting along with others such as Feudal Japan, Ancient Rome. :geek:

Personally I would like Nolan to continue his interest in historical events such as Dunkrik (comfortably his best film since TDK) and follow it up with a film detailing The Battle Of Britain.

Though I suspect Nolan will move away from such War related work for the time being and focus purely on something contrasting.Maybe a return to science fiction.

DREAMER wrote:Personally I would like Nolan to continue his interest in historical events such as Dunkrik (comfortably his best film since TDK) and follow it up with a film detailing The Battle Of Britain.

Though I suspect Nolan will move away from such War related work for the time being and focus purely on something contrasting.Maybe a return to science fiction.
Ridley Scott has already nabbed Battle of Britain, a director of who would probably do it more justice than Nolan could.

I hope an announce tomorrow for Christmas like in 2015 for Dunkirk^^

Quell wrote:
DREAMER wrote:Personally I would like Nolan to continue his interest in historical events such as Dunkrik (comfortably his best film since TDK) and follow it up with a film detailing The Battle Of Britain.

Ridley Scott has already nabbed Battle of Britain, a director of who would probably do it more justice than Nolan could.
Ridley Scott in 2017, haha. That's a good one.

Quell wrote:I believe, with the exception of The Dark Knight, Nolan's strengths are put to better use when the budget is tighter and the story is more confined. The Prestige, Memento, and Dunkirk are good examples of this.

I'd like to see something like The Prestige, something period-piece. I don't think he'd pull off horror, but murder mystery? Absolutely.
I highly disagree. A terrible example of what you stated is Insomnia. A boring and generic crime thriller that nearly anyone could imagine. Following is a similar story, but we can disregard it because of it being his first movie on such an extraordinarily low budget. When it comes to Momento, I agree roughly with a major criticism, which is that once you watch it a second time the mysticism is gone. It becomes clear it's slow and uneventful. Dunkirk had a budget of 100 million which I wouldn't consider that small of a budget. The only truly low budget movie of his that I think is great is The Prestige, and that's probably just normal variability.

The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, and Dunkirk show that Nolan is great with big budgets.

Godamn, it means nothing but I truly hope an announce next week or at the beginning of January at least (Interstellar was announced on the 10th if I remember), maybe during the golden globes ceremony.

Nolan62 wrote:I hope an announce tomorrow for Christmas like in 2015 for Dunkirk^^
You do realize that Christmas 2015 is over one year after Interstellar? So no, you won't be getting any annoucement in January or even the first half of next year. Maybe late in 2018... if we're lucky