Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
The Special One wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 1:47 am
DarthNata wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 3:56 am
Angus wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 10:56 am
He better be.

I just want to know that a movie project exists, it's coming in 2020, it's in early pre-production, and the script is done. That's all I need. I don't even need a title or the cast.

My big fear is that nothing is going on, nothing is being developed, and we have a ten year gap before the next film. That would crush me.
You're actually worried that Nolan isn't working on anything and that he might not make a film for a decade?

His last 4 films were announced in January or February the year before they came out, I don't think it's strange at all that no one knows what the most secretive director in Hollywood is doing next

He's probably already in pre-production, meeting with actors etc. DiCaprio was announced as the lead for Inception about two weeks after the press release announcing the title and release date.

They were filming that within 4 months of the public becoming aware it even existed. Before that absolutely no one had a clue about what was going on.

There will definitely be something happening behind the scenes
This is key. We're close, very close.
Definitely close and history suggests that he won't reveal what he is making next until he has to.

I actually enjoy that he won't talk about future projects 3 or 4 years in advance, he keeps his cards close to his chest and then once it's announced everything starts to come together really quickly.

I prefer this way instead of something like the Matt Reeves Batman film as an example where he was announced as the director in January 2017 and it doesn't look like it's going to come out until late 2020 or mid 2021.

^^^Yeah exactly, and Ben Affleck’s Batman movie too. To me it still feels like a 50/50 Reeves’ film will even happen. I have major respect for how Syncopy handles themselves.

I highly doubt the Matt Reeves / Ben Affleck Batman film will ever happen.
I'd say Affleck is definitely done. And Matt Reeves is wasting his time and talent.

Start from scratch on the character and keep him out of the DCEU. They've got enough steam with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Flash, and Cyborg to carry the Justice League franchise. They don't NEED Batman and Superman anymore. We're in a new era of superhero films. Black Panther is the biggest heavy hitter on the Marvel side now. Anything can happen.

Please lock this thread. It's too hurtful at this point. Nothing will ever happen.

RIP
Christopher Nolan's Films
1998-2017

After the film is announced i can’t wait to read through this thread...

But that's never going to happen. Lol.

Seriously though, this is getting pretty crazy. Every day that goes by is starting to suck. Dunkirk came out in freaking July of 2017.

It feels like the earliest his next film can come out is like 2021 or 2022. :sick:

Ace
Reading Total Film and saw this in it...

Just do it! :judge:

Empire magazine is doing a profile on a director each month for their 30 directors for 30 years series.

Edgar Wright revealed his next movie would be a horror film in the interview for this months issue.
When they interview Nolan he might reveal some information too.

So far they have had interviews with James Cameron, Taika Waititi and Edgar Wright.

Great find Ace, super cool avatar too btw. Jim Carrey would absolutely burn the house down with this role. His resemblance to HH is downright spooky.

I still wonder if the next film will be a surprise project though.