Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Horror. Seriously, the way he handles tension and is able to write mind-fucks would make a scary and weird as hell horror film.

Original Musical yo.

i honestly think it's gonna be Bond

Michaelf2225 wrote:i honestly think it's gonna be Bond
I mean Bond is cool, but the selfish part of me keeps hoping he'll continue experimenting with original ideas instead

oh, i'd rather him do something besides Bond too (as much as i drool over the thought of a Hardy/Nolan take on the character)

it's just - and maybe someone will talk me down from it - Spectre came out two years ago, and we know nothing about the next Bond film; we don't even know if Craig will return

is it that far of a stretch to imagine they're specifically holding an announcement until Dunkirk comes out and hype around Nolan's new film dies down?

That definitely makes sense, imo.

What I'm also wondering, don't know if I've already mentioned it or not, but knowing how he likes to work with the same actors over and over again, I'm wondering if he's going to cast any of the youngins from Dunkirk back for his next film. :think:

i have no doubts there (assuming Dunkirk is good)

if he has a role for one of the young guys, i'm sure he'd cast them again

the real question is... will he work with Styles again :think:

I'd be hyped as hell if he were to team up with Hardy and do his own Bond trilogy, but at the same time I'd like for Nolan to continue to go for original stuff while venturing into new genres (like horror, even if I'm not a fan). And most of all, I want him to challenge himself... go for a more diverse cast again and, as unlikely as it might be, perhaps do a movie with a female protagonist.

Willem wrote:Horror. Seriously, the way he handles tension and is able to write mind-fucks would make a scary and weird as hell horror film.
Quay (but more so its trailer) was scary/weird enough and he wasn't even trying

He's gonna do Bond one day. He himself said it's a matter of when not if. Besides, I still think the chances of him doing Bond increase exponentially if he gets to pick the next Bond. I just don't see him working with Craig especially because if he really does another one, that one is definitely his last. I figure Nolan would much rather stand at the beginning of something fresh, even more so if he gets to be the one to make it oh so fresh.

IMO, Tom Glynn-Carney would be ideal Bond, some ten years from now tho lol.

Anyway, I hope Nolan makes a horror film some day. More along the lines of The Shining, not a slasher lol. I would also love to see a fantasy and a film set in ancient Egypt. I think he would be one of the few who could shoot that in 65mm and let the dialogue be in actual Egyptian language rather than English lol.

Oh and a film set in WWI obviously. Preferably shot in as much IMAX as possible, and some 65mm may that be necessary.