Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
okungnyo wrote:Of course it doesn't work like that usually.

But he's the most powerful director in Hollywood, and Mr. Horn "oversees worldwide operations for The Walt Disney Studios including production, distribution, and marketing for live-action and animated films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm": https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/leaders/alan-f-horn/

If the two are friends, then I don't see why not.

Am I reaching? Yes, but only because I can't fathom an August release date. :P

Mr. Nolan is an old-school filmmaker, and from the old-school POV, August is a non-prestige month.
It's show business, not friendship. That wouldn't happen... although I'm pretty sure Horn would love that call to say"ok, we'll do it, if you do a Star Wars or Marvel movie for us"

Of course he already made The Dark Knight, but seeing him do a grand scale action drama in the likes of Heat... that would be something. But to be honest, seeing how we reinvented his craft with Dunkirk, I really have no idea where he would go from there.

At some point he'll return to sci-fi and it'd be great if he could do it without much exposition like he did in Dunkirk.

Seeing the announcement teaser trailer back in 2016 for the first time I had a gut feeling this would be his masterpiece. I was right. Unless his next film is even more of a masterpiece... At this point after his monumental reinvention of the war genre and I can't imagine what his next movie is gonna be like. WHAT ELSE IS THERE? Is he gonna do a ancient-times epic? Is it gonna be a future-set space opera? WHATS IT GONNA BE? What's he gonna decide to top the innovative reinvention work of art of Dunkirk?

I want a Fall 2018 Nolan movie :gonf:

Didn't you guys hear McCrabb?!

Nolan is making a kids film in New Zealand right as we speak:
WILL McCRABB‏ @mccrabb_will
Hatching a plan in New Zealand with one of the great directors & his family to make a kid's film. "You know, for kids."
Huge if true.

We have been down the Spielberg route before with Interstellar.

Let's not have a repeat.

Lionheart wrote:I want a Fall 2018 Nolan movie :gonf:
With his level of efficency Citizen Hughes could be made in no time.

It's a completely different animal from Scorsese and Beatty versions.

Just go shoot it dammit.

Insomniac wrote:Didn't you guys hear McCrabb?!

Nolan is making a kids film in New Zealand right as we speak:
WILL McCRABB‏ @mccrabb_will
Hatching a plan in New Zealand with one of the great directors & his family to make a kid's film. "You know, for kids."
Huge if true.
Is Chris in New Zealand atm?

Pratham wrote:Is Chris in New Zealand atm?
He was last seen in Hong Kong and most recently gave a interview by phone from Vietnam.

He's everywhere.