Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?£

LelekPL wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 12:14 pm
If there's no annoucement by the end of the year, I would be surprised. But that still leaves us with 4 more months.
So I think we have reached the time when it's plausible to expect an announcement of some sorts in the near future.

LelekPL wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 10:07 am
LelekPL wrote:
If there's no annoucement by the end of the year, I would be surprised. But that still leaves us with 4 more months.
So I think we have reached the time when it's plausible to expect an announcement of some sorts in the near future.
I think perhaps between thanksgiving and Christmas we will hear something. I bet it being a huge picture and not something smaller scale.

William Blake wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 1:42 pm
LelekPL wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 10:07 am
LelekPL wrote:
I think perhaps between thanksgiving and Christmas we will hear something. I bet it being a huge picture and not something smaller scale.
I don't think we will get any announcement until 2019. Q1 2019 is my guess...

We can have an announcement next week or the week after, or even the month after, it can happen any time now. Slowly but surely ( especially as he was apparently spotted around Burbank's studios recently, he might be doing some finishing touches in the preparation), it's a matter of time, we have to be patient. And when the time comes, I'm sure we don't regret it and we will say that this waiting worth the effort.

It's over. It's time to pack it up, boys. Nolan has retired from filmmaking and presumably started his career as a fashion model. But in seriousness, he probably doesn't really have the same drive to make movies as he had when he was 30. He has probably a hundred million dollars and a full family. I remember reading around the awards season Emma saying she was trying convince Nolan to get back to work on writing a project. He's just enjoying his time. It sucks, but every movie he makes, the gap between releases widens. Wouldn't even shock me if he didn't direct until he can reboot Bond.

Maybe He has finally bought some phone and he's trying to make a tweet still figuring it out.
OR it's already there and we just don't know about it :P :lol:

Geoffrey wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 1:43 am
But in seriousness, he probably doesn't really have the same drive to make movies as he had when he was 30. He has probably a hundred million dollars and a full family.
We cannot know, but if you think about directors such as Scorsese, you can see that drive is independent from age, if you're REALLY that type of filmmaker. And I'm pretty sure Nolan is that type.

Inception - Announced February 2009 - Released July 2010

Interstellar - Announced January 2013 - Released November 2014

Dunkirk - Announced December 2015 - Released July 2017

I'd be willing to bet that his next film will be announced within 2-3 months for a July 2020 release date

Darth Nata wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 5:55 am
Inception - Announced February 2009 - Released July 2010

Interstellar - Announced January 2013 - Released November 2014

Dunkirk - Announced December 2015 - Released July 2017

I'd be willing to bet that his next film will be announced within 2-3 months for a July 2020 release date
Or maybe this month, like Dunkirk was announced.